Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2107 Ford Fusion about 2 months ago with the 400A package and realize that the sound system is just ok. The reason I purchased the base 400a system is because I could not justify speeding $3000 to upgrade when all I wanted was the better sound and larger screen. I did not need any of the other features that came with that package. Now I am stuck with an ok stereo. Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade the stereo with the sony or an after market Pioneer? I know the Pioneer will mess with the noise cancellation, but I am just curious.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Unfortunately I have no idea what your audio options are. I'm in my 50's, and many years of drag racing and loud music have taken its toll on my hearing.

I have the base radio, and it is just fine for my needs.

Anyways - welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I haven't looked into it in a few years, but I had a base model Focus ST and there were kits to upgrade the stock stereo (well it added a crossover/amp and sub) using a plug and play kit from Pioneer. It kept everything else OEM which was nice IMO.

the other option was ordering a dash kit from a company like Metra and using a 3rd party DIN/Double DIN stereo. The downside of that was the kits looked out of place/cheap and it eliminated some of the steering wheel controls. Neither of which were something I wanted.

IIRC both options had enough caveats where I decided to just deal with the stock stereo instead. Its actually the reason why I got the 401a in the Fusion this time around. I regretted not getting it in my Focus almost every time I drove it.

Good luck OP! I'm sure there are better options out there these days than when I was looking into it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I expect it would be possible to grab used parts and change some settings using Forscan to get the upgraded Sony system hardware working right, although I expect the total cost and time would ultimately be more than it's worth and going aftermarket would make sense, but that's also a lot of time and effort to get right.

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Yes upgrading to the Sony stereo is possible if you used FORScan, however it would be very expensive - new speakers, amp, ACM, APIM, FCIM, and most likely wiring harness in the body & doors. I'm sure at least just new door speakers would be a good upgrade. Not sure if you'd have to disable the Active Noise Control if you just replaced speakers, but I'd keep that in mind.

If you did go with an aftermarket head unit, like WaterIsWet said there's pretty much only one double-din adapter out there, then you will definitely lose some steering wheel control functionality, and SYNC would have to be hooked up with an adapter kit to use the new radio's AUX port - it just gets to be a mess.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I plan on adding the 5 channel amp sub speakers and line out converter from my focus st. Just need to find a parrot harness that fits the fusion. It’s actually pretty easy with the harness. After connecting to and from the amp to the leads on the harness it all just plugs into the stock harness and radio. Run power and add a ground and your done. Plus easy to remove later. Perfect for leased cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts