Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anything special happened at 30k miles, so I went on the Ford site to lookup the service schedule and found that we are due for automatic transmission fluid. I totally assumed they would consider that "lifetime" fluid.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,312 Posts
Our temps temps run 200-205 degrees continuously and this service is extremely important. Many people never change their trans, PTU fluids but this leads to late life failures/issues.

Reactions: mantra1 and ike

·
Registered
104 Posts
The '10s require it every 60k and I've never missed a service. It paid off- at 212k now and it shifts exactly like it did at 21k when I bought it. This is definitely something that should be done. I'm just bummed to hear that it's every 30k on the new ones- it's expensive!

·
Registered
626 Posts
I just looked at the manual and it states 150,000 miles, but I have to assume it
covers all the Fusion models, not just the sport.

Also I logged into my Ford Owners account and this is my scheduled maintenance @ 30,000(see attachment)
Checked the 150,000 and it does say to change the trans fluid then.

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weird. I did tell it that I drove 30,000 miles per year and spent excessive times idling or at slow speeds. I wonder if that had anything to do with it...

·
Super Moderator
1,312 Posts
Well I would follow the "Severe Duty Schedule" for as hard as we are running this cars...

Reactions: ike
1 - 6 of 6 Posts