Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
161 - 180 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Darkstar, also, in your experience with exhausts, is there an audible difference between stainless and carbon steel?

·
Registered
267 Posts
There's definitely a difference. Stainless is stiffer and thinner walled than aluminized steel. Resonates at a higher frequency.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Maybe I missed it earlier, but what is the outlet sized at? 2.25" to meet up with stock size or 3" same as the rest of the DP? They look stellar.
turbo outlet is roughly 2.5" the 2 bolt flanges we're using are 2.5" id

Darkstar, also, in your experience with exhausts, is there an audible difference between stainless and carbon steel?
Definitely a difference in sound from stainless to mild steel, aluminum is the most resonant.

·
Registered
868 Posts

Definitely a difference in sound from stainless to mild steel, aluminum is the most resonant.

I actually meant where it connects to the factory resonator, sorry I wasn’t clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·

I actually meant where it connects to the factory resonator, sorry I wasn’t clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's 60 mm

Same question...

Also, since these seem to be made to order... when I order my set, can I get them 3" all the way?
Absolutely

·
Registered
750 Posts
Any ideas on longevity with these? Looking like fmic and dps could shave 1-1.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile together. Can these motors handle that much power sustained over time? Also in regards to the dp install, is there any welding to do or all bolt on?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Dang are the interchangeable? Does the FS have other aftermarket cluster options? I loathe the cluster we have with sync3.
Yes you can swap them , but its a very invloved process, a few people have done it. You can search the forums for the swap thread for detailed info

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Any ideas on longevity with these? Looking like fmic and dps could shave 1-1.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile together. Can these motors handle that much power sustained over time? Also in regards to the dp install, is there any welding to do or all bolt on?
No one knows for sure on engine longevity but what I can tell you is the pipes themselves will last forever and have a lifetime warranty. In my opinion though these will never impact the engine in any negative way and actually should help it last even longer as they uncork the system.These motors can handle plenty of power for quite some time. I have had them on my car now for over 7 months and its been flawless.

They are entirely bolt on no cutting or welding required

·
Registered
750 Posts
No one knows for sure on engine longevity but what I can tell you is the pipes themselves will last forever and have a lifetime warranty. In my opinion though these will never impact the engine in any negative way and actually should help it last even longer as they uncork the system.These motors can handle plenty of power for quite some time. I have had them on my car now for over 7 months and its been flawless.

They are entirely bolt on no cutting or welding required

I am relatively new but have read nearly everything you have written lol and you are my hero. Will be ordering fmic and dp's as soon as $$$ comes my way. Just got the car 2 weeks ago lol going to ease into mods.

·
Super Moderator
1,312 Posts
Has anyone put the catted ones on their car and verified it doesn't throw a CEL from the o2 sensors?
Darkstar has run them on his car...

·
Super Moderator
1,312 Posts
I believe he is running catless.
He tests everything he has builds on his MKZ. He ran the Catted DP's for a while testing to ensure no issues.

Reactions: DetroitFS
161 - 180 of 211 Posts