Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I stopped at a stop light today I started to feel a light shaking I didn't think much of it till I started driving and the light shaking turned into heavy shaking. Almost immediately the engine light came on and I pulled over on the side of the road. I got out and popped the hood and the whole engine was shaking like I have never seen one shake before. I shut the car off and checked the engine dip stick to find it bone dry. I towed it to the dealer and its waiting to be looked at. Never noticed any leaking or dripping so don't know what happened.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Have you had the oil changed yet before this happened? Just curious how long its been since it was checked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you had the oil changed yet before this happened? Just curious how long its been since it was checked.
No never had an oil change. Only has 3,000 miles on it. I was about to bring it to my mechanic for the first one cause I always get the first oil change on a new car pretty quickly but had not done it yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me turning left at a light. Wrench light came on and had to shut the car off. Engine did the same thing, shook real bad like it was struggling to idle. Oil level was fine and I haven't had any issues since. I was at about 5500 miles when it happened.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Getting new cylinder heads, going to be two weeks. Mechanic said there is now a service advisory about the issue supposedly they are leaking lots of oil into the combustion chamber. Once they get the heads they will inspect the whole engine and if anything else is wrong they will get me a new engine.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Getting new cylinder heads, going to be two weeks. Mechanic said there is now a service advisory about the issue supposedly they are leaking lots of oil into the combustion chamber. Once they get the heads they will inspect the whole engine and if anything else is wrong they will get me a new engine.
Well if it was out of oil then the cylinders had to have some scoring of the walls. Let's hope they give it a good look over and once they remove the heads, the cylinder damage will be noticeably.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Holy crap. With this engine coming out in the F150 2 years ago you'd think Ford would of had this sorted out unless the fusion has a different oiling system. Good luck man, hopefully this doesn't happen to anymore cars.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I don't understand all these engine issues.
This motor been used in the F150 for a few years now.
All these issues are really deterring me from buying this vehicle.
We need to start a Build Date thread for people with issues and list them to see if there's a pattern.

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
I don't understand all these engine issues.
This motor been used in the F150 for a few years now.
All these issues are really deterring me from buying this vehicle.
We need to start a Build Date thread for people with issues and list them to see if there's a pattern.
What are the other engine issues you're talking about? Only two have had engine issues early on. There's the battery/ACM issue where fixes are being done (recent built models are already fixed) and a few have needed a PTU seal re-done (all Ford models have had this issue). If anything, wait a few months or get a later-build date car. Most of us on here haven't had any issues at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well the engine issue with the 2.7L has more to do with one of three suppliers of the heads for the engine. Unless you got missfires and white smoke and loss of oil and pressure you font have much to worrier about. All this should happen before 8,000 miles on the vehicle. Sadly Ford has brought back a lot of Fusion Sports and may discontinue the trim after 2017 if sales tank. But the sport so far only counts for maybe 10% of fusion sales if that.

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
I don't think they'd discontinue the Fusion Sport. It's basically a "parts bin" car that allows Ford to earn back some money for engine development. Ford documents only expect 5% of Fusion sales to be Sports to begin with.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I for one, would love a one year issue.
would be cool for us but im not sure. What im afraid of in a few years we could get the 3.0 ecboost from the MKZ or a detuned version.

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
481 Posts
I very much doubt that the Sport would ever get the 3.0. It would be nice if we had it from the start like the MKS and SHO sharing the 3.5. I just try to console myself with the fact that I am faster than the stock MKZ with my tune and that there probably won't be many tuned MKZs floating around.
hahah i could almost guarantee that

Reactions: Cobra427 and 1153

·
Registered
626 Posts
What are the other engine issues you're talking about? Only two have had engine issues early on. There's the battery/ACM issue where fixes are being done (recent built models are already fixed) and a few have needed a PTU seal re-done (all Ford models have had this issue). If anything, wait a few months or get a later-build date car. Most of us on here haven't had any issues at all.

Sorry, I'll correct myself, just issues in general.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I'd be surprised if they only sell 5%
I checked last week at the 4 Autonation stores in the greater Cleveland area and there was 45 in stock.
They have 45 Fusion Sports in the Cleveland area sitting at dealerships? Seems a bit overkill...

And Ford will only build around 5% of their Fusions as Sports, so thats realistically the best they will do is sell all of them

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finally got the car back 2 days ago and yesterday the car wouldn't start. It was a shorted out battery. A brand new battery and its back ruining but this thing seems to keep breaking.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Finally got the car back 2 days ago and yesterday the car wouldn't start. It was a shorted out battery. A brand new battery and its back ruining but this thing seems to keep breaking.
See dead battery thread.
You are in the best of company here.

Reactions: jtk500
1 - 20 of 48 Posts