Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had two Blizzak DM-V2 235/55-R18 winter tires from my SHO that I wanted to use on my FFS. I had also hoped to use my old wheels from the SHO, but Ford decided to change the bolt pattern from 5 by 4-1/2 to 5 by 4-1/4 so that didn't work. Purchased two new Blizzaks and 4 Bobert wheels from Tire Rack. Finally got them on the car today (supposed to snow like a banshee tonight). These tires are larger in diameter than the OEM sizes, so I wasn't sure if they would fit. These tires have a diameter of 28.2", a section width of 9.7", and 704 revs/mile. Tires that came with car were 235/40R19 Firestone Firehawk A/S with a diameter of 26.4", a section width of 9.5", and 788 revs/mile. Tire Rack reviews for this tire indicated it has poor snow performance, and in several light snows (less than 1") I found that to be true.

As shown, the tires/wheels do fit, but with minimal clearance. Checked by turning front wheels to full lock left and right and may get a slight rub there, but otherwise seems OK. Will also have to remember that actual speed will be about 12% higher than indicated.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
427 Posts
I had two Blizzak DM-V2 235/55-R18 winter tires from my SHO that I wanted to use on my FFS. I had also hoped to use my old wheels from the SHO, but Ford decided to change the bolt pattern from 5 by 4-1/2 to 5 by 4-1/4 so that didn't work. Purchased two new Blizzaks and 4 Bobert wheels from Tire Rack. Finally got them on the car today (supposed to snow like a banshee tonight). These tires are larger in diameter than the OEM sizes, so I wasn't sure if they would fit. These tires have a diameter of 28.2", a section width of 9.7", and 704 revs/mile. Tires that came with car were 235/40R19 Firestone Firehawk A/S with a diameter of 26.4", a section width of 9.5", and 788 revs/mile. Tire Rack reviews for this tire indicated it has poor snow performance, and in several light snows (less than 1") I found that to be true.

As shown, the tires/wheels do fit, but with minimal clearance. Checked by turning front wheels to full lock left and right and may get a slight rub there, but otherwise seems OK. Will also have to remember that actual speed will be about 12% higher than indicated.
View attachment 29096 View attachment 29097
Not often you see the wheels so filled up.

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
427 Posts

View attachment 29096 View attachment 29097
IIRC you can change the speed to be reflected accurately via forscan...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts