Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!
Looking to get set of winter tires and found a set but aspect ratio is 55 versus 40 on stock tires?
Will those fit, does anybody have anything to say about this?
Appreciate the feedback

·
Registered
18 Posts
They will be quite a bit taller. That may cause interference issues, and it will definitely throw your speedometer and odometer off and raise your ride height.

I'd pass on those and try to get something close to the factory diameter.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hello everybody!
Looking to get set of winter tires and found a set but aspect ratio is 55 versus 40 on stock tires?
Will those fit, does anybody have anything to say about this?
Appreciate the feedback
Hi AOG. What tspangle stated. Too tall.

Find a properly fitting set. Good luck.

·
Registered
251 Posts
AOG, check this link. It gives you a list of tire sizes that fit our car and warning about some sizes
FFS Tire Sizes

Reactions: AOG

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gentlemen. I'm aware that I'll have speedometer discrepancy but my main concern is that I'm going to destroy my fenders on very first pot hole. Was specifically looking for taller tires to accommodate canadian winter.
It was a surprise for me that a lot of tires of our size have too low of a load rating. From what I understand the only mainstream vehicle that shares tires with fusion sport is Tesla 3.
Anyway thanks for feedback, O appreciate that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought my younger bro's Focus ST stock wheels and winters for my Sport.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm so glad, I don't have to worry about this issue every winter. I feel for you guys!
On the other hand, down here when it does freeze or we have some frozen precipitation, it is a mad house. Some people just can't drive in it. Some people with 4 wheel drive think they are invincible and do not respect the conditions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm so glad, I don't have to worry about this issue every winter. I feel for you guys!
On the other hand, down here when it does freeze or we have some frozen precipitation, it is a mad house. Some people just can't drive in it. Some people with 4 wheel drive think they are invincible and do not respect the conditions.
I was more than once that I've seen 1/2 flying by on a highway in a snow storm and than 2 kms down the road seen that person in a ditch

·
Super Moderator
1,338 Posts
I run 235/45/19's since they came with my Escape wheels for summer, and while those are perfectly fine, they're still close. Any wider and they'd definitely hit the fenders with that tall of a sidewall. If you want more options, you can use the MKZ's size (245/40/19) - many more choices and much cheaper prices.

If you know the basics of FORScan you can change your tire size in the car's programming in 5 minutes, so that's probably the least of your worries.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I run 235/45/19's since they came with my Escape wheels for summer, and while those are perfectly fine, they're still close. Any wider and they'd definitely hit the fenders with that tall of a sidewall. If you want more options, you can use the MKZ's size (245/40/19) - many more choices and much cheaper prices.

If you know the basics of FORScan you can change your tire size in the car's programming in 5 minutes, so that's probably the least of your worries.
Im running 245/45/19 dws06, nothing rubbing yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you can use the MKZ's size (245/40/19) - many more choices and much cheaper prices.

That sound like a very good idea! You right with that size choice and prices are much better. Thank you

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
here is a shot of the two tire sizes you are asking about
20200918_095222.jpg tire .jpg

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
discount tire claims 2.5 inches taller then stock size

1 - 17 of 17 Posts