Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CSX railcar broke down.
I ordered my Sport on 8/15 and have been tracking the build and shipping. So while tracking the railcar thru UP and CSX it gets to Battle Creek Michigan and goes no further. It sits 85 miles from my house and 145 from Flat Rock Michigan where it would be unload for deliver to my dealer.
While checking my tracking information this morning and I notice the ETA went blank and the shipping date disappeared. What??? So I called my friendly dealer, he pulls up the visibility report and sure enough, CN indicates that the rail car broke down and tonight there it sits, going nowhere fast. :crying:
-Lee
PS Here is a file photo of the broken railcar. It's amazing what you can find on the Internet.
http://wwww.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=2915154

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Lol, that sucks. Im sure the suspense is killing you like a kid trying to sleep on Christmas eve.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
OH man, that sucks HARD! I can't imagine your feeling when you found out the rail car broke down. I dont want to wait any longer for mine to arrive.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Sorry Lee. Hopefully its up and running soon. And hopefully mine isn't on the same train as yours.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The CSX railcar broke down.
I ordered my Sport on 8/15 and have been tracking the build and shipping. So while tracking the railcar thru UP and CSX it gets to Battle Creek Michigan and goes no further. It sits 85 miles from my house and 145 from Flat Rock Michigan where it would be unload for deliver to my dealer.
While checking my tracking information this morning and I notice the ETA went blank and the shipping date disappeared. What??? So I called my friendly dealer, he pulls up the visibility report and sure enough, CN indicates that the rail car broke down and tonight there it sits, going nowhere fast. :crying:
-Lee
PS Here is a file photo of the broken railcar. It's amazing what you can find on the Internet.
http://wwww.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=2915154
wow its been there almost 5 years? 2/7/12 on photo

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
72 hours and still no word. Nothing. Dealer contacted Ford but they have not head anything.
Do you know your car is tonight? I sure as h*ll don't know where mine is.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We’ll the rail car finally made it to Flat Rock this morning. The rail car breaking down added 7 days to the delivery date. No ETA yet. Based some of the other rail shipping stories on other forums, an additional week wait is not so bad.
-Lee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts