Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does watching this video make you want to change to 20k mile engine oil (and still change it at 5k miles, or what ever your current schedule is now).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes but my OCD says 3k 🤦‍♂️
Than change it at 3k. In my question, I am asking my question if you would change to this oil and NOT change your schedule. At 3k, this becomes an expensive oil change schedule.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would totally use that oil, or any other Mobil 1 product. But I would not follow that schedule on this car at least.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would do it, but I signed on for the maintenance plan when I bought my FFS. Which is great except they use semi-synthetic. Anyhow because of that it doesn't make sense for me to do something like this. Maybe once I used up all my prepaid services. But like @dtoirac said, I wouldn't follow the 20k mile schedule either. There's no way I'd let my FFS go that long between changes. Regardless of the oil.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It is a long time that long life oil exist, whatever is the brand.
It could be useful for someone driving long distance on freeway.
But for sure it is not a good option in city traffic.
One interest in changing the oil is the opportunity of changing the oil filter.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'd more worried about the volatiles that build up over time in the oil, then off-gas to leave deposits on the intake manifolds. I know the Mobil 1 is good for longer than the average oil and I have used religiously since the 90's. But, I won't let it go for over 7500 miles, even though I have a catch can installed.

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Oreo, what did you finally settle on for your oil change interval?

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
I am running 10K interval for my peace of mind. hard for me to push it further even though the BlaskStone results show I can with the Amsoil Signature Series oil. Also Mobile 1 has great marketing but if you do al lot of reading and research they are never listed as the "BEST".

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've only had my car for 7mo and I've only done two oil changes (Amsoil Full Synthetic) at 5k intervals, but I just requested a Blackstone kit - will post results in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I ran Amsoil SS 5W-30 in the GM LTG motor (that calls for Dexos 1) for several OCI. Turns out Amsoil doesn't even meet Dexos 1, has too high of a sulphated ash content but their marketing makes it seem like it "exceeds" Dexos1 requirements. In any case, I'm running Kirkland 5W-30 in that engine and it seems to run a lot better. Kirkland is licensed Dexos 1. Overall wasn't impressed with Amsoil in that engine.

With all the timing chain issues on the 3.5L EcoBoost, the best rule of thumb is 5k intervals regardless of the type of 5W-30 synthetic you are using. The 2.7 doesn't really have the same timing chain issues, but with all the soot particles from the direct injection, it's just peace of mind with a 5k interval. 7500 miles is kind of pushing it based on the UOAs I've seen, and I'd never run 10k in EcoBoost or any GTDI engine for the long term.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts