Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
My wife owns a 2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R. The dealership begs us to trade it in almost weekly because it’s got the six cylinder. According to the dealership service manager and the sales manager, the 2.4 turbo that replaced the NA 3.6 is not well liked by loyal Subaru buyers. We have no firsthand experience but they say it’s peaky, loud, and gas guzzler.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
65 Posts
the legacy has always been like the definition of a "car" to me - and I mean it as a compliment. It has good performance, longevity, function, and yes it looks boring and boxy - but there's nothing wrong with that.

·
Super Moderator
1,719 Posts
[...] and did put a turbo motor in it finally.
There's been a turbo Legacy for multiple generations, including the outgoing model.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
524 Posts
The whole current massive ugly front grill concept originally started by the Toyota/Lexus twin conglomeration and now Subaru has never appealed to me and probably costs a fortune to fix even after a minor hit.
If you like that, you're gonna love the new Toyota Tundra.

I saw one today on the highway, both my girlfriend and I were astonished at how ugly it was. The massive front of the vehicle is literally 80% grille. Asian companies are the worst for sure at following car design trends. Look at Hyundai, they can't even make a front fascia last more than 2 years. (The Elantra changed every year for a few years straight)

The Fusion had the same fascia from 2013-2016 and to this day it looks great.

Anyways, that's been my rant on ugly Asian cars for today.

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
524 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's been a turbo Legacy for multiple generations, including the outgoing model.
But not on the Sport,yes? I'm no Sub expert, the only one I had was an 02 WRX
that from day one would not track down the highway straight. Promptly went back to Mitsu
the next year with an EVO, after many years highly modded up Talon's and Lasers.

·
Registered
547 Posts
But not on the Sport,yes? I'm no Sub expert, the only one I had was an 02 WRX
that from day one would not track down the highway straight. Promptly went back to Mitsu
the next year with an EVO, after many years highly modded up Talon's and Lasers.
Evos dance circles around Subarus, it's not even close for driving feel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts