1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Looks like it will check all the FS boxes, except price. But at least someone is
still going to be making a car close to the sport.

Maybe price might not even be that bad, granted would have to wait a couple years after next years redo......

Nice article!

The specs on the 2021 TLX Type S (the model with the turbo V6) show that our Fusion Sports are way ahead of their time.

The TLX grille is a little too much of "look at me I'm an Acura" for my taste. I do like the wheel design for the Type S, and I'm interested to know more about the ten speed transmission. With "...drivers can expect more than a 50% increase in low-end torque." this would put the torque to at least 400 ft-lbs.

I do like our Sport's DRL (daytime running light) design better than the TLX's, I think our DRL pattern is just about the best on any car.

And, as a completely satisfied Sport driver, I expect that the TLX Type S will be paying the bill at Gapplebees.

·
Super Moderator
1,273 Posts
Looks like the prices may not be too bad, definitely not as much of a value as our cars tho. If you compare the current TLX A-Spec to a similarly spec'd Stinger GT, they appear to be roughly the same price (TLX doesn't list the advanced driver aids like LKA, adaptive-cruise. but MSRP's for $1,500 less). New TLX Type-S probably won't be much more.

Even if it ends up slightly more $$, I'd rather pay that price for an Acura than a KIA.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like the prices may not be too bad, definitely not as much of a value as our cars tho. If you compare the current TLX A-Spec to a similarly spec'd Stinger GT, they appear to be roughly the same price (TLX doesn't list the advanced driver aids like LKA, adaptive-cruise. but MSRP's for $1,500 less). New TLX Type-S probably won't be much more.

Even if it ends up slightly more $$, I'd rather pay that price for an Acura than a KIA.
I just look at it as another option (if/when) as KIA has even talked about no Stinger successor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts