• 18 sport

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • 19 sport

Votes: 6 35.3%
81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Don't buy either till you check out the Stinger. :) . Just trying to revitalize my Stinger post from a few weeks ago since the Kia obsession has died down a little,
Yeah check it out, then turn around and come back to the Ford dealership :cool:

·
Registered
756 Posts
56441821-3E5E-4054-BEEB-9C323BF1C39E.gif

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi folks. A little late to the party but wanted to share my knowledge. If you go to the following page on this site, there is a comprehensive list of changes I've made between the 2018 and 2019 models (post #59):

To me the only real "decontenting" that amounts to much in 2019 is the elimination of the rear intelligent access door handles and 110VAC outlet. Most stuff is minor and most people would not know the difference. Other options were added as standard including parking assist, front sensors, heated and cooled seats, upgraded instruments, and large center console touchscreen. All safety features were standard, including CoPilot 360, inflatable rear shoulder belts, and adaptive cruise control.

It has been mentioned that the change to the rear bumper is "decontenting", but is really just a redesign and freshening of the rear. Everything on the body at the rear is new for 2019, and if they were trying to save money knowing the model was ending, why would they spend money doing a redesign? Sure the lower panel is not painted, but would this really save enough money on paint to make any difference? Not sure what the "diffuser" mentioned is at the rear, I assume it is to route air under the car and out the rear, but do not see anything different in that respect between 2018 and 2019. I have driven both many times and have noticed no difference in sound level, so not sure where they would have removed sound deadening. The removal of sound absorption door glass makes little to no difference in interior sound, especially since the rear door glass was always non-absorbing and what noise I do hear comes from behind the front doors.

Option packages are not 100% comparable from year to year. And window stickers only have a limited amount of room so don't always show all the options on the car. For 2019 there was only one "option" package for the Sport since there were actually no options so 400A for 2018 is totally not comparable to 400A for 2019. The 2019 Sports were "Fully Loaded". Best to look at the dealer brochure or Dealer Order Guide (available on another Ford site) for a complete list of features.

Hope this helps.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts