• 19 sport

Votes: 6 35.3%
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,
I’m looking to buy Ford Fusion sport and I have two options.
1. CPO gold certified 2018 Ford Fusion sport with 22k miles on it… 401A equipment group, V6 sport package and drive assist package for $31500
This car is near me and I went for a test drive, it drives amazing
2. A 2019 Ford Fusion sport with 13k miles on it… 400A equipment group which I think is fully loaded and doesn’t have any optional package for $30000, but not from a Ford dealer. This car is in a different state, and I have to rely on photos and videos to decide.

Which one of these sports is a good buy?

·
Registered
645 Posts
2018 is the better car. 401A is the better package. As for price, it is a little high, but right now the way the market is. Not so bad. I bought my 2017 as a CPO. Before you make the purchase, make sure you ask them to make sure that the previous owner did not leave modified tune on the car (mine did). When I had an issue right after buying the car they tried to accuse me of tuning the car. Having the CPO coverage is a definite bonus.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey Folks,
1. CPO gold certified 2018 Ford Fusion sport with 22k miles on it… 401A equipment group, V6 sport package and drive assist package for $31500
2. A 2019 Ford Fusion sport with 13k miles on it… 400A equipment group which I think is fully loaded and doesn’t have any optional package for $30000, but not from a Ford dealer. This car is in a different state, and I have to rely on photos and videos to decide.

I can see used cars are selling at a premium. The 19 has half the mileage and costs a little less. Can you get Carfax report to see what work has been done on 19? The 19 may have low miles due to covid and the owner did not work much. I voted for the 19 due to the low mileage. But as i mentioned the pricing is like new car pricing.
I

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2018 is the better car. 401A is the better package. As for price, it is a little high, but right now the way the market is. Not so bad. I bought my 2017 as a CPO. Before you make the purchase, make sure you ask them to make sure that the previous owner did not leave modified tune on the car (mine did). When I had an issue right after buying the car they tried to accuse me of tuning the car. Having the CPO coverage is a definite bonus.
Thanks for your response!
I thought 400A included all the optional packages in 401A. Do you what is missing in 400A which is there in 401A?
I will make sure to ask about modified tune in the car before buying 👍

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can see used cars are selling at a premium. The 19 has half the mileage and costs a little less. Can you get Carfax report to see what work has been done on 19? The 19 may have low miles due to covid and the owner did not work much. I voted for the 19 due to the low mileage. But as i mentioned the pricing is like new car pricing.
I
They definitely are selling at a premium. Almost 20% more than what they used to sell at in Jan.
Carfax reports of both cars are clean. They have couple of services done. Apart from that nothing concerning.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I believe the 400 package has the smaller infotainment screen and it does not have the Sony 12 speaker sound system.
There may be other items

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I agree 100% with @maydk65 . And just like he says, don't rely on the previous owner's tune, put your own on! 😉

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I thought 400A included all the optional packages in 401A. Do you what is missing in 400A which is there in 401A?
401a is an upgrade from the 400a package. Both are great cars but 401a is the higher level.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I know the 401a is the upgrade pkg with the bigger screen and the sony radio. I thougt all the 19s came one way with the 401a pkg. I guess not. I have a 401a 19 and I do like the larger screen and the 12 speakers. I bet the sellers are making 4 or 5k with thise asking prices, for sure they are making more on them than when they sold new

·
Registered
645 Posts
Just an example on the prices. In 2019 I paid $23K for my 2017 w/29k miles. I have the same package as the one you listed on the 2018 and it was also a CPO.

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
207 Posts
This is incorrect. All 2019's come fully loaded.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I believe the 400 package has the smaller infotainment screen and it does not have the Sony 12 speaker sound system.
There may be other items
Again, incorrect all 2019's come fully loaded.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here is my 2019 Windows sticker. There are no options. All of them are fully loaded. Ignore that is says "EQUIPMENT GROUP 400A", look at the detailed description up top.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey Folks,

Assuming there is truly nothing wrong with the 2019, it is by far the better deal. All options included, less miles, a year newer (less depreciation), and less money to boot! This is a no-brainer! 2019 all the way!

Reactions: Shawnski

·
Registered
207 Posts
401a is an upgrade from the 400a package. Both are great cars but 401a is the higher level.
This is incorrect for the 2019's

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Here is my 2019 Windows sticker. There are no options. All of them are fully loaded. Ignore that is says "EQUIPMENT GROUP 400A", look at the detailed description up top.
Thanks for showing us that @Vidmo ! I didn't realize the 19s were all fully loaded, but it looks like you are likely correct. It says "400a" but the car appears to have all options on it anyway. I think, along with the decontenting, they were also trying to reduce the number of packages in general, so in the case of the 19s I guess they just included everything in all of them. That's good to know!

If that's the case, the two cars in question here are likely to be very similarly equipped. There will be subtle differences because of the decontenting on the 19s, but that's not going to affect much, and you'll get lower miles on the 19. So it's close either way. Honestly, all the years of these cars are very good, and really similar.

·
Registered
754 Posts
There may be other items
Agreed.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
It looks like there are still some optional features even in 2019 though. If you look at the link I sent, it looks like Adaptive Cruise and a few other things were still optional in 2019. Although it does look like they got rid of 401a and took at least most (maybe all?) of what was in it, and added it to the base package for 2019. So for the two cars in this thread, you'd have to compare the full window stickers from each to see what the differences are.

In general though, I agree with the idea that 401a is an awesome package, I definitely am glad I have it on mine. I know in 2018, at least, there was also a Driver Assistance Package, and I have that one as well. I don't remember what was in that but I can look it up. I think that package may not exist in 2019, and some of the items from that were probably integrated into the base, and others removed completely.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts