Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder how the FuSpo is going to hold up against it. The Mazda 6 does weigh less but it does have less power too

250/310 in 93 octane form or 227/310 in 87

I've always been a Mazda fan, but I don't think it's enough and Mazda missed the mark. Now if they come out with an AWD Mazdaspeed version again, I think we may see some real competition

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Mazda dealer's sales guy called me once I told service I wasn't fixing my MS3 (RIP), trying to convince me to test drive a Mazda 6. Love the look of the Mazda 6 and it's gotten a lot of good reports on the handling. I just couldn't see myself going from the MS3 with 263/280 to something with 187/186. I want MORE power, not less. Had there been an AWD Mazdaspeed6 variant based on the current styling it would've been at the top of my list.

The HP of this new Turbo Mazda6 is a little low for my taste -- I suspect much like the MS3, it will be a ridiculously punchy mid-range car that is anemic up top. Without AWD, it would also probably be a wheel hop launch fest just like the MS3.

It will certainly help Mazda with the buyers who wanted a little more punch, but even if it were available at the time I bought my Fusion, not sure it would've been enough for me.

·
Super Moderator
1,273 Posts
I'm glad Mazda is finally giving us more power for the US market, and AWD is a huge bonus. But I agree, I don't think it will be too huge of a threat, even to the Fusion Titanium. I'm a big Mazda fan as well, but they just don't sell a crazy amount of cars despite every car magazine and YouTube review praising them.

Does anyone know if the 2.5T that is being used (currently in the CX-9) is still associated with the Ford era? I haven't looked closely at that yet. Just curious.

Reactions: ArthurUSCG

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Loved my 08 Mazda6.
Awsome handling car.

But 2.3 NA with 5 Spd auto, it
was a DOOOOOOOOOOOG!!!!

Heard they were adding AWD, so could
be some kind of consideration, possibly.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I miss my speed 3 and all the NATOR shenanigans

·
Super Moderator
1,273 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts