Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard rumors and there are some pictures of a 2018 Fusion Coupe at the end of the year - Would be great if the put the 2.7 in that - One can only hope - One thing for sure if the pictures are right it is one SHARP CAR

·
Registered
899 Posts
I doubt they're will be any new body styles bought to the US for this gen. It's just too close to the end for this gen.

I have you hoping for would bring the wagon or the lift back.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Heard rumors and there are some pictures of a 2018 Fusion Coupe at the end of the year - Would be great if the put the 2.7 in that - One can only hope - One thing for sure if the pictures are right it is one SHARP CAR
Coupe in RWD would be great and it would weigh in a few hundred pounds lighter.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Rumors from whom? Why would they make a Fusion Coupe? This makes absolutely no sense from a marketing standpoint, or from a sales standpoint. The comparable car is the Accord V6 coupe (which is going by the wayside) -- Ford doesn't want to cannibalize Mustang sales. The whole point of the Fusion Sport (I thought) was a fast sedan.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Rumors from whom? Why would they make a Fusion Coupe? This makes absolutely no sense from a marketing standpoint, or from a sales standpoint. The comparable car is the Accord V6 coupe (which is going by the wayside) -- Ford doesn't want to cannibalize Mustang sales. The whole point of the Fusion Sport (I thought) was a fast sedan.
Unless they are going to start trying to compete with the A3/A4 Coupe or the 4 series; Since they made the marketing run at the FuSpo taking on the A4 and 3 series. There is a much different crowd that goes for the Murican style muscle car, vs the Euro style coupe.

·
Registered
899 Posts
If Ford is going to go after the A3/4 coupe, then it would be with the Lincoln and not the Fusion.

On the next gen, I could see Ford bringing a lift back or the wagon but lifted, aka Outback style.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts