Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
The Type R is pretty quick, on par with a stock Sport I think and handles way better than our cars. Downsides are a boy-racer exterior and FWD traction (or lack thereof).
The new ones are not to bad, drove one this past summer after doing an alignment on it. Far as handling goes, they handle ok, but they dont have the same feel as a Fusion. For one the tires are not as wide, and the car feels lighter. Also doesn't have the room, but it's a smaller car, and to be expected. Fit n finish is nice, stuff is where it should be for the most part, but I think it has more road noise than it should for what it is. This is just me though, I'm not a big fan of Honda, but a well built K20 will perform pretty damn nice in the right car, which is usually a Civic. Reason I said they're like A holes, everyone has one. Kids go out, buy the old ones, then think they're fast with a bee hive muffler and a cone air filter bolted to it, but it's no Type R that's for sure.

Reactions: Kester50
Oh yeah I've been around Hondas a lot - when they're done well, they're great. Unfortunately most kids to rice them out, you're right. But a screaming B or K at 8k+ is a thing of beauty. Miss my J32 sometimes.

Yeah we have a guy that does a lot of out glass work for the shop we sub let out to, he's got a older RX7 that he's putting a built K20 in. Guy gave him the car with no drive train under one condition, he couldn't put a LS motor in it, LOL. He was more than happy to take it off his hands, LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: LeVeL
Yeah, Not sure what the hell they're thinking, your not just gonna erase the ICE. The average person can't afford a electric car, and the trucks are pretty much worthless for towing anything heavy. Ford won't even provide the numbers for the Lightening when you use it to tow, put a 8,000 lb trailer behind it and see how far you get. You think about all the things we use every day that involve a ICE, your not gonna change that over night. They have big plans, but really have no idea how they're gonna do it.
I hope they accomplish their CO2 goals. I have grandchildren that have to live on the planet that we F***** up.

Reactions: bbf2530
I hope they accomplish their CO2 goals. I have grandchildren that have to live on the planet that we F***** up.
They've been b******g about how the world is going to end in ten years for at least the past 35 years (because I can remember their side saying that for at least that long) and my suspicion is it isn't any more true now than it was then. I'd rather not give up my choice of car or way of life. But that's just me I guess.

The sun monster was supposed to kill us a dozen times by now and we still believe it will. Guess that tells us how many new covid variants we're going to fall for too...
Global warming and COVID won't kill us. Humans are here because we are extremely good at adapting to our environment. The will to survive and capitalism will save us in the end. People just need to take a deep breath.

They've been b******g about how the world is going to end in ten years for at least the past 35 years (because I can remember their side saying that for at least that long) and my suspicion is it isn't any more true now than it was then. I'd rather not give up my choice of car or way of life. But that's just me I guess.
Just cleaned out my parents basement a couple months back and found super old mags about how a new ice age was going to end the world in 10 years.
Hysterical!!!!!!!

I was in the refrigerant business when the Clean Air Act of 1992 went into effect. At the time the blame for the ozone depletion problems were on CFC's and refrigerants , which has led to the ban of manufacturing R12 , R22 , ,and even R134a. Almost 30 years have passed and still our atmosphere sucks. Lets just ban everything and wander through life wearing respirators .

My girl friend and I are just now getting over it, I got back to work on Thursday after being off for almost three weeks. It sucks big time, but you won't hear me pushing for the shot. I've heard to many stories of people that got poked three times and still ended up getting it. I tries to suck the life out of you, but you can beat it, and live another day. Just not a fun battle.

Reactions: LeVeL
Glad you are okay @Skipe!
No one (that counts) ever said the shot would keep you from catching it. Just keep you off the ventilator. To each his own, as I always say.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.