Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am close to taking the plunge on a beautiful white 2017 FS. I just hate it when the following model year has wholesale changes and I look back and wish I had waited, like the case with my 2014 Subaru Outback, which was much different and improved for 2015. Anyone have a crystal ball? Lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
The Fusion was just refreshed for 2017, so it's unlikely there will be any major changes for 2018. Given the usual update cycle the next major update/ redesign will probably be for the 2019 model year. Of course, if you buy one now, the update will happen in a week. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
The Sport just hit the lots in June so you would be waiting until next June for the 18 model, if they keep the same cycle. Any changes they do will probably be minor.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I was talking to the dealer that I see and he said that there might be a change in
the interior as far as the different interior fabric's and color's you could choose
from.

That would be great for me...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can't believe I will put this in print, but the main reason I didn't pull the trigger on getting a Fusion Sport this year is because of the transmission issue. I just can't believe that THIS is what Ford expected to put out in the Fusion Sport.

I have nothing to go on but a gut feeling that the 'performance' issues with the 6 speed would all have gone away if the 9 speed automatic had been ready on time. It would have been tuned and tested and given to every moto-journalist between here and the Nurburgring to thrash and giggle about. You just don't take the time and effort to bring a car like this to fruition, pull up short, then act like its just 'the other car in the lineup' when it's launched. It had all the right pieces to be epic, save one.

Evidence of what it can be is being found by getting it tuned for the 6 speed, it will have great performance numbers but kind of lowly MPG. The 9 speed should have fix that. MPG won't be stellar, but at least acceptable.

So when will the 9 speed make it into the Fusion? My guess in '18 when you can still get some early adopter excitement. So me and my money are going to wait. And it isn't an easy wait. :-(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can't believe I will put this in print,
Nothing wrong with anything there. I am still suspicious of why there still hasn't been any major rags doing instrumented tests. My eyes are wandering over to some of the competition while I'm waiting for tune feedback. It does appear to be let down by the trans.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I agree about the transmission not being completely up to par, but I would be very surprised if they went through the trouble of adding the 9 speed one year after the mid cycle refresh. I think we'll see that in the next major update, probably in 2019. Unfortunately performance models are often released after the regular versions, so it could easily be 2 years+ before we see a Sport with the 9 speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts