Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
I owned mine for 5 years which is a record for me and I sold it for a staggering 22K. Needless to say, that funded my 13 mustang and supercharger since I sold it when they were in high demand.
Just hit 10 years on mine. Longest I have ever had a car and still the best I have ever owned.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Guess we'll just have to wait for professionally conducted tests from C&D and the like.

Might be close to the FS in acceleration, but I'm guessing not that close. Maybe 1/2 second slower.
It is possible it could even end up a few tenths slower than the even heavier Ford Edge Sport.

·
Registered
463 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Was at a car show recently, saw someone with a '12 GS. He told me his car had the "Buick Regal Stage Kit" (didn't know Buick made one) that comes with a tune/CAI.

It costs ~$700 and raises the numbers to 295 hp/335 lb-ft of torque while maintaining factory warranty. Interior of car looked really nice too, but seeing it was FWD I wonder how well it handles the extra power.

Now that we have numbers of 5.4/13.9 for the '18 GS, I wonder if someday that car will also get a Stage Kit.

We really need an OEM Tune for our FS's ...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Was at a car show recently, saw someone with a '12 GS. He told me his car had the "Buick Regal Stage Kit" (didn't know Buick made one) that comes with a tune/CAI.

It costs ~$700 and raises the numbers to 295 hp/335 lb-ft of torque while maintaining factory warranty. Interior of car looked really nice too, but seeing it was FWD I wonder how well it handles the extra power.

Now that we have numbers of 5.4/13.9 for the '18 GS, I wonder if someday that car will also get a Stage Kit.

We really need an OEM Tune for our FS's ...
HAHA, you want a factory tune?, your not even going to get the car anymore.............

·
Registered
463 Posts
HAHA, you want a factory tune?, your not even going to get the car anymore.............
HAHA, you aware of how the auto industry works? Models like the SRT-4/Cobalt SS were only made for a few years, but the manufacturer offered several levels of mods.

43 grand base and not even "LED headlamps, keyless entry with push-button start, and heated front seats".

I'm going to be really disappointed in my next car, me thinks.........
Keep you FS, avoid disappointment ...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Full CD test of the '18 Buick GS:
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-buick-regal-gs-test-review

Only 2/10 quicker than the Sportback, despite having a 60 hp advantage.

They also expected better handling, but common sense dictates automotive testers measure for aspects of a vehicle that the excess of owners will never realize/care about.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Only .2sec faster? That's sad. But that red is pretty, and that V6 sounds much better than a turbo4. It also doesn't have an interior trunk release, on any trim, and the seats are too narrow for 6'3" 250lbs, with the bolstering reinforced by plastic framework that digs into your thighs.

I also spent many thousands less, and My Sony kit sounds better than Bose hands down.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yeah, agreed on it only being .2 sec faster. So I researched to see why that was ...

It's the weight.

Regal Sportback FWD
Curb weight: 3426 lb
Zero to 60 mph: 5.6 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 13.8 sec
5–60 mph: 6.1 sec
¼-mile: 14.2 sec @ 101 mph

Regal GS
Curb weight: 3820 lb
0-60 mph: 5.4 sec
0-100 mph: 13.5 sec
5–60 mph: 5.7 sec
¼-mile: 13.9 sec @ 101 mph

The GS's 60 additional hp is trying to offset an extra 394 lbs, so it's only marginally faster.

Now by comparison our FS is ~300 lb heaver than the GS, but we have 15 more hp and (more importantly) almost 100 additional lb ft torque.

Also agree with you on the GS's sharp looks and the seats looking uncomfortable for many people's tastes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Before I got my FFS, the Regal was on my shortlist of possible replacements for my Stage 3 Saab 9-5 Aero. I love Turbo hatchbacks, and while my 9-5 wasn't a hatch, it was a fun drive.

A couple of issues knocked it out of the running for me:

No remote trunk release, either in the car or on the key fob. Come on, it's 2019 and this is a luxury brand, and a "luxury" sports sedan. To not have one is to me a show stopper.

2: Less trunk space with the rear seats up than my 2004 Saab. I regularly haul astronomy and photography gear, and if it can't fit in the trunk with the seats down forget about it.

3: The dealer I went to sucked. they didn't seem to want to sell a car. **** the whole experience in trying to find one to test drive was frustrating. It's like Buick doesn't want to sell one of these, and I have yet to see one in the wild here in So.Cal.

·
Registered
70 Posts
much better! it must be the GS or the 2017 model that has the horrible front end lol?

LOL, I've always loved that car, especially in Pearl white. I almost bought a manual version in 2013, but dealer wouldn't move on the 42K price tag (which the car would depreciate like mad with a stick). On the midcycle refresh, they discontinued the manual and softened the car. It wasn't fun to drive anymore. Overall, Opel did a great job with the Calibra/Regal.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts