Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Buick Luxury Cars, Crossovers, SUVs & Sedans

Well if there ends up being a GS I don't think it will have the 2.0 turbo 250hp engine, as this appears to be the base engine. I'm still trying to get over it being a hatchback. interesting.
If you read the rest of the article, it says Northeast will be getting a 340hp V6, probably the 3.6L engine now in the Camaro. That will be very interesting to me. I know it won't be the racer the FFS is, but I like Buick's reliability, and also like the quality of materials they use in the interior. The engine is still speculation, and Buick has yet to even make an official announcement that there will actually be a GS model for 2018. I have time, so I'll wait and see. I'm bring in my Mustang for an airbag recall tomorrow, and if I have time, I want to take a look at the FS, and I would love to take a test drive.:)

Reactions: Kevin74

·
Registered
417 Posts
If you read the rest of the article, it says Northeast will be getting a 340hp V6, probably the 3.6L engine now in the Camaro. That will be very interesting to me. I know it won't be the racer the FFS is, but I like Buick's reliability, and also like the quality of materials they use in the interior. The engine is still speculation, and Buick has yet to even make an official announcement that there will actually be a GS model for 2018. I have time, so I'll wait and see. I'm bring in my Mustang for an airbag recall tomorrow, and if I have time, I waant to take a look at the FS, and I would love to take a test drive.:)
Good idea to test drive the Sport. I owned the 2013 Buick Turbo with a Trifecta tune and a 2017 Sport without a tune. I agree with the cross shop but no comparison performance wise. We all read the same articals as you. The new Buick GS when it actually hits our shores will most likely be 10 k more. The Sport is a reality and with the battery issues aside and a few unlucky owners with bad engines ( many bad 2.0 blown engines in the ATS and Buick forums as well). Great car that can run 12s with a 500.00 tune. Why comment so much without any practical knowledge. hmm.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
@Flew

Not sure I get your drift. What exactly are you insinuating with your last comment? The '17 Regal GS is right in line with the '17 FFS price wise. Sure, they might add a couple of thousand for the premium V6 engine, but not $10,000. I'm very objective and I am weighing all my options before I purchase. The '18 Regal GS should come in about $45 fully loaded, but we'll see soon enough. First step is, they have to actually announce that there will officially be a GS model for '18.

·
Registered
177 Posts
@Flew

Not sure I get your drift. What exactly are you insinuating with your last comment? The '17 Regal GS is right in line with the '17 FFS price wise. Sure, they might add a couple of thousand for the premium V6 engine, but not $10,000. I'm very objective and I am weighing all my options before I purchase. The '18 Regal GS should come in about $45 fully loaded, but we'll see soon enough. First step is, they have to actually announce that there will officially be a GS model for '18.
Perhaps the difference is that, with the fact that they aren't selling as Ford hoped, the price of the FS isn't really $45k fully loaded. it's more like high 30s. And, with judicious choice of options, it's even less than that! So $10k isn't entirely out of the picture.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
@drbob1

Thanks for the info. I was referring specifically to Flew's last sentence, "Why comment so much without any practical knowledge?" "Hmm"

I'd like to hear from him on that personally, because I think it was an unprovoked disparaging remark, unless I'm reading it wrong.

·
Registered
417 Posts
@drbob1

Thanks for the info. I was referring specifically to Flew's last sentence, "Why comment so much without any practical knowledge?" "Hmm"

I'd like to hear from him on that personally, because I think it was an unprovoked disparaging remark, unless I'm reading it wrong.
No malice was intended on this high comfort level forum.

I just think it would be a great starting point for you to test drive our Fusion Sport before comparing it to an all new model that may or may not make it here.(GS)

Please give us your honest test drive evaluation of the 2017 Ford Fusion Sport.

Cheers.

Reactions: Mike E

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
No malice was intended on this high comfort level forum.

I just think it would be a great starting point for you to test drive our Fusion Sport before comparing it to an all new model that may or may not make it here.(GS)

Please give us your honest test drive evaluation of the 2017 Ford Fusion Sport.

Cheers.
Fair enough, my mistake then. I will certainly do so. I have to bring my Mustang back to the dealer tomorrow to repair the dreaded "blend actuator", so my intention is to take one for a spin.

Cheers Flew!

Reactions: Flew

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think that the Regal GS could be a total sleeper (as is the FFS). If, finally, Buick deals with some of the styling cues that have plagued their "sport sedans" forever, the car could be a good deal.

I agree that the cost difference may be the deal-breaker, though. Just like the Kia Stinger GT and the new Genesis sibling to the Kia, the Buick (loaded) will probably approach 10K more than a comparable FFS. When you get towards 45K for a car, many have a hard time not buying an Audi, BMW, etc.

All said, I hope Buick makes a good car!

·
Registered
91 Posts
NA V6, way to drop the ball again GM. Not worried about a 310 HP Boat with little options for HP improvements.
Absolutely agree! Only GM product I'll ever own is a Z06 'Vette or ZL1 Camaro anyways - the rest are garbage in my opinion! :D Ford as really upped their game the past few years.

·
Registered
491 Posts
My grandmother had a burgundy '71 Riviera with the 455. It could not get out of it's own way from a dig but at cruising speed when you hit the gas it would plant you in the seat and go 60-100 almost instantly. SO much fun to cruise around in until it was time to park... lol

·
Registered
624 Posts
Absolutely agree! Only GM product I'll ever own is a Z06 'Vette or ZL1 Camaro anyways - the rest are garbage in my opinion! :D Ford as really upped their game the past few years.
Well in GMs' defense, oops I mean Holdens' defense, the G8 and SS were 4-doors with serious potential.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've just never been impressed with GM quality. Squeaks, rattles, paint chipping off stereo buttons, horrible plastic paneling, cracking/splitting leather, etc. Prior to purchasing my FFS, I test drove a few 2013 and 2014 CTS-V's with less than 30k miles. Great powertrain - horrible interior components (IMO). Just couldn't bring myself to dropping dough on something like that. I do love LS based engines and I'm currently planning an LSx turbo build for my Chevelle.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts