Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While it likely won't be as fast or as sporty as the FFS, the '18 Regal GS is supposed to have approximately 300hp/300 ft lb torque from it's 2.0L turbo engine. One plus is, the Regal has been extraordinarily reliable. Along with that, its AWD is supposed to be the same as the Focus RS, a torque vectoring system made by the same manufacturer that made the system for the RS. While I'm still waiting for my airbag recall to be taken care of, still haven't heard a peep from Ford, I'm going to explore all options. :(

Reactions: Rice

·
Registered
481 Posts
all for exploring different avenues =) however is Buick serious with that front end lol?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think at a certain point you have to abide by criteria that will result in a good purchase despite your feelings about facia or performance those are really good numbers for a reliable comfortable vehicle that could possibly be fun also... I would take a Ford fusion sport any day the week over most anything except for cars 20,000 dollars more than the sport then I would start using different options within the same class but again it's not in the same class if it's over $20,000 more in the car you're talking about so either way I think that that's a fun idea and I'm actually interested in looking that vehicle up

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

You think it's that bad? I think it looks fine, haven't seen it in person though

·
Registered
481 Posts
much better! it must be the GS or the 2017 model that has the horrible front end lol?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think the redesign looks beautiful, and considering I was very tempted by a regal when I bought the fusion, I would seriously consider this car, especially with the hp/tq bump. If I were making my purchase at the end of this year rather than last, I would have a very hard time, despite being a ford guy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rice

I gotcha man, those vertical "fangs" in the front fascia are eyesores for sure. Maybe the Regal designer is a closet Dracula fan. lol

Reactions: Rice

·
Registered
405 Posts
I actually test drove one of the 2.0 turbo AWD buicks before getting my Fusion. At the time, the one i tested was only 265HP and it honestly felt slow. The turbo had some major lag, the engine really didnt wake up until around 5K rpms. I feel the way they got another 35HP out of the engine was by putting an even bigger turbo on it, which means even more turbo lag and combined with it already being a pretty heavy car, its not sporty at all. However I will say that the 2.0 Ecotec motor is a very solid engine with tons of potential. If they put that motor in something like a Cruze with AWD and a manual id jump on that in a heart beat.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Rice

I gotcha man, those vertical "fangs" in the front fascia are eyesores for sure. Maybe the Regal designer is a closet Dracula fan. lol
the one you posted looks sooooo goooood

Reactions: Mike E

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't get the gs when I was looking for a new car because I wasn't paying over 40k for a car that had 280hp lol
Actually, the most recent iteration of the GS only has 259hp. At one time, a few years ago, it peaked at 295hp

Reactions: MattQ

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@MattQ

Supposedly, the new Regal GS platform is also 400 lbs lighter than the previous car, which with an additional 41 or more hp should make it quite a bit quicker.

·
Registered
400 Posts
That is a nice looking Buick and a huge improvement.

So many good cars coming out this year. I'm still keeping an eye out on the Genesis G70. If that ends up getting the 3.3L TT from the Stinger/G80/G90 with the power band being so wide and being slightly smaller and lighter than our Fusion, I may have to jump ship. Not many details so far though. Most likely will know more at the New York Auto Show.

Reactions: Mike E

·
Registered
136 Posts
Still though if I was spending that much I would go a little more and get the SS. But unfortunately that wont be around much longer. I feel like you're paying for the name when it comes to Buick than what you actually get out of the car since Buick is considered a luxury brand one step under Cadillac.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I didn't get the gs when I was looking for a new car because I wasn't paying over 40k for a car that had 280hp lol
I traded my 2013 Regal Turbo, Premium 3, auto in for my 2017 Ford Sport.

That little 2.0 liter turbo with a Trifecta tune and K&N filter was good for close to 320 horsepower/325 lbs torque.
Where our tuners could learn a thing or two was the application of the tune.

I could switch it on and off by simply pushing the cruise control button.
Easily could spin the tires as it shifted from 2nd to 3rd.
My wife and son drove it for two years unaware of the tune.

Torque steer was horrible but it would have you grinning ear to ear.
It was a fun car and I can't knock it for reliability.
The all new 2018 will not have a twin turbo V6 and will subsequently lose the GS AWD Turbo crowd.

That said, I'm on this forum because I am a fan of my new Sport.

https://www.trifectaperformance.com/forums/store/product/2171-2011-2013-buick-regal-20l-turbo-elite/

Attachments

Reactions: mantra1 and MattQ

·
Registered
136 Posts
I traded my 2013 Regal Turbo, Premium 3, auto in for my 2017 Ford Sport.

That little 2.0 liter turbo with a Trifecta tune and K&N filter was good for close to 320 horsepower/325 lbs torque.
Where our tuners could learn a thing or two was the application of the tune.

I could switch it on and off by simply pushing the cruise control button.
Easily could spin the tires as it shifted from 2nd to 3rd.
My wife and son drove it for two years unaware of the tune.

Torque steer was horrible but it would have you grinning ear to ear.
It was a fun car and I can't knock it for reliability.
The all new 2018 will not have a twin turbo V6 and will subsequently lose the GS AWD Turbo crowd.

That said, I'm on this forum because I am a fan of my new Sport.

https://www.trifectaperformance.com/forums/store/product/2171-2011-2013-buick-regal-20l-turbo-elite/

Oh so no more GS huh? That sucks but typical of GM

·
Registered
262 Posts
Oh so no more GS huh? That sucks but typical of GM
****, if it weren't for China, there would be no more Buick.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There will definitely be a 2018 Regal GS. That's the car we're discussing, with approximately 300hp/300 lb ft torque. What they decided to not go with was an even higher performance model either known as the Buick GNX, or Grand National, 2 high performance historical nameplates for Buick.

·
Registered
405 Posts
There will definitely be a 2018 Regal GS. That's the car we're discussing, with approximately 300hp/300 lb ft torque. What they decided to not go with was an even higher performance model either known as the Buick GNX, or Grand National, 2 high performance historical nameplates for Buick.
If they made a GNX, id sell my Fusion in a heartbeat. GM just sucks at making stand out cars. Everything they make is just so middle of the road.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts