Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

401 - 407 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I heard that the newer 2.7's like on the Edge ST are different and use an actual gasket. The Fusion Sport (even 2019), as far as I can tell, still uses the old style oil pan with RTV as the gasket. There's no direct swap because of something related to the PCV system with the new pans.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
I heard that the newer 2.7's like on the Edge ST are different and use an actual gasket. The Fusion Sport (even 2019), as far as I can tell, still uses the old style oil pan with RTV as the gasket. There's no direct swap because of something related to the PCV system with the new pans.
I wish they would just get a gasket made.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I haven't seen the mating surfaces, but does the pan have flat mating surface? Does the bottom of the engine have a flat surface? Since they are using some form RTV, I am assuming the answer is no.

·
Registered
11 Posts
RC...just wow. Impressive build! Found forum doing a quick search to delete my stock antenna and found this gold mine. Just picked up my '17 Sport over the weekend and love it! Here I thought i'd be happy lowering the car...you have done amazing work!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
RC...just wow. Impressive build! Found forum doing a quick search to delete my stock antenna and found this gold mine. Just picked up my '17 Sport over the weekend and love it! Here I thought i'd be happy lowering the car...you have done amazing work!
Thanks. Just doing stuff for fun. Now I have to take the car in to get the whole front repainted from the jackass that dropped that huge piece of glass on the freeway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah some of your mods are making me anxious! Mirrors especially.

Sorry to hear about the car. Glad it’s an easy fix.

401 - 407 of 407 Posts