Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all. Here to share and discover stuff for my 2017 Sport. So, far the mod list is a K&N, Cordova MS throttle body and an axle back I fabricated. I'll be testing a BBK 65 MM tb soon and a tune from Torrie as well.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll post results. I'll try to get to the track and do a few runs with the Cordova, the BBK and then with the tuner. Just ordered from Unleashed.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock muffler.
Axle back, 2.25" into 2.5" Cherry Bomb glasspacks, 2.5" tubing to 2.5" resonator tips.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's mostly around 2.25" pre-muffler. Nothing 2.5 till the tailpipe after the muffler.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's hard to find something small enough to fit there. Glasspack is the same as today's resonators. The balance pipe have it a better time for me. It's not too terribly loud. Especially with all the sound control built in to newer cars.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That sounds pretty darn clean man. Not raspy or anything but has a good depth. Any drone ??
Yeah, there was quite a bit from 1700-2300 RPM with no mufflers. The glasspacks toned it down. The resonator tips a tad bit more. Then the crossover a bit more. It's got a little drone left 1800-2100 in high gear under moderate load. Windows up not a problem. Music on hardly there.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was about to install the thermostat. It's buried under here.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Someone willing to go to the extent of getting aftermarket headers can really make this sound like it's worth $10-15k more than it is, full headers-back systems work that magic when done right.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Someone willing to go to the extent of getting aftermarket headers can really make this sound like it's worth $10-15k more than it is, full headers-back systems work that magic when done right.
Don't think I've ever seen headers on a ecoboost before...especially in our tiny engine bays? LOL Some of those full race turbo cars barely have room for all the piping :D

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll post pics when I get it figured out.

1 - 20 of 389 Posts