Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leased my 2017 Ford Fusion Sport AWD in February. Had 2,000 miles on it. May 3rd starting bucking and could only drive 45 miles an hour to the dealer. Cracked spark plug. Picked up car. 1 1/2 hours later doing it again. Return to dealer. Leave it... haven't seen it since.

*Cleaning carbon out of the engine, replacing gaskets and everything else you can image related to a motor.

Over 45 days later, and them telling me that they are having numerous conversations with an engineer from Ford trying to figure this out, I am finally approved for a Buyback. They will still be working on the engine, which I find hysterical. But I will not be driving that one. I've had nightmares about it falling apart as I drive down the road.

So, supposedly I get a comparable vehicle. We'll see what that means, and even if they can find something comparable, what will I lose that I have now on my vehicle. My husband will flip a lid if it isn't the same. This should be good.

I appreciate all of the great people that worked on the car and that have helped me through this process. It is obviously not their problem and a manufacture defect. I'm just sad that I won't be getting my car back. I really liked it.

Now we will see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

To be continued...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm sorry to hear the bad news! I wish you luck and hope you find your way into a solid Fusion Sport next!!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Bummer, Sue. Be glad you will get a new one though. You don't need "lemon" in your future when you try to sell the car down the road.

You'll fall in love all over again. :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Best of luck. I would expect you to get a car optioned the same, shouldn't be too hard to get. I'd flip too otherwise, unless you came to a compromise you like.

Hope to hear from you in the future as a satisfied Sport owner. Reliable Sports are out there. My car will be 1yr old in a couple weeks, with 13400 miles trouble free(except for cooled seat conundrum).

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think you Should at least get a completely loaded sport and I wouldn't settle for less. It's a lease they should be glad that you are being cool about this. With the time they had ur car they could of built u one. Good luck. So far I have 23,000 on mine with only the usual window stuff. Knock on wood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts