Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been seriously car shopping for the last month and this afternoon decided to pull the trigger on the Fusion Sport. After negotiating on the final price for financing and leasing (just did my tax's and being self employed, leasing suddenly seems more appealing), I wanted tonight to figure out which I would prefer. They tell me that 2017 Fusion production is essentially done and either I buy now or there is a good chance that I won't be able to factory order. First time this has come up since I had been dealing with this dealer and same sales guy since the beginning of April always saying I really only wanted a factory ordered car. They pushed hard on me buying their on lot stock but I remained firm in wanting a factory ordered car.

Another dealer told me I would have until the end of the month, which makes sense as production to my understanding starts to shift over to 2018 MY around May-June so I'm a little suspect at this but regardless I would prefer to deal with this particular guy and dealer. So I agree to do the credit application and sign off on them getting a factory allocation. After doing so and putting down a $1000 deposit he tells me if they can't get a factory order they can bring one in or simply use the one they have on hand. I tell him I'm not really interested in doing that and have no problem waiting until the 2018 MY. He told me they would take care of me and we would deal with it when they know about the allocation. It left me with gut feeling that they might try some crap to get the magnetic grey one off their lot (same colour I ordered) that has a Sept build date.

All I've done is the credit app and approved them to get a factory order if they can, nothing binding. If they come back saying they cannot get a factory order, would I be able to back out with my deposit or are they going to push the current stock on me using my deposit? On my deposit slip the fiance guy wrote "factory order/ locate deposit". Could they wait out until you really can't do a factory order and then tell me no go on it? The whole thing just gave me a bad feeling afterwards. Am I just being paranoid? Any insight would be great, thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Hi,

I've been seriously car shopping for the last month and this afternoon decided to pull the trigger on the Fusion Sport. After negotiating on the final price for financing and leasing (just did my tax's and being self employed, leasing suddenly seems more appealing), I wanted tonight to figure out which I would prefer. They tell me that 2017 Fusion production is essentially done and either I buy now or there is a good chance that I won't be able to factory order. First time this has come up since I had been dealing with this dealer and same sales guy since the beginning of April always saying I really only wanted a factory ordered car. They pushed hard on me buying their on lot stock but I remained firm in wanting a factory ordered car.

Another dealer told me I would have until the end of the month, which makes sense as production to my understanding starts to shift over to 2018 MY around May-June so I'm a little suspect at this but regardless I would prefer to deal with this particular guy and dealer. So I agree to do the credit application and sign off on them getting a factory allocation. After doing so and putting down a $1000 deposit he tells me if they can't get a factory order they can bring one in or simply use the one they have on hand. I tell him I'm not really interested in doing that and have no problem waiting until the 2018 MY. He told me they would take care of me and we would deal with it when they know about the allocation. It left me with gut feeling that they might try some crap to get the magnetic grey one off their lot (same colour I ordered) that has a Sept build date.

All I've done is the credit app and approved them to get a factory order if they can, nothing binding. If they come back saying they cannot get a factory order, would I be able to back out with my deposit or are they going to push the current stock on me using my deposit? On my deposit slip the fiance guy wrote "factory order/ locate deposit". Could they wait out until you really can't do a factory order and then tell me no go on it? The whole thing just gave me a bad feeling afterwards. Am I just being paranoid? Any insight would be great, thanks.
It will depend on state laws, but I've never had a situation where a deposit was guaranteed to the dealer without a purchase - you've not yet purchased the car.

Are there other dealers around with similar specs for a car that has a later build date you'd want? Can you do a dealer swap? If you can find the car you want, and do a dealer swap, you might save some serious cash and get something without the dreaded April-October 2016 build (although there is no guarantee even one of those cars would have issues).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
KBB now has prices for the 2018. The options and list prices are the same as the 2017 for my build.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top