Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys quick question what made you choose the 2017 ford fusion sport over the 2017 MKZ TwinTurbo... i'm wondering because it seems like some of you guys have a decent amount of money into your cars and have LOL Voided your warranties one way or another... so it seems to me the difference in cost between the two probably wasn't an issue for Some... just wondering if there was a selling point for one over the other for me personally it was cost if I was going to get the Lincoln I was going to get the black label with the all-wheel-drive and TwinTurbo with comparable options after that point to get to where I was in a fusion sport I wanted it was $20,000 more and for me that was just too much more in payments... I also am tightly holding onto my warranty and possibly a extended warranty when I take delivery of my sport in a few weeks ... so to reiterate I'm just asking if there was a reason why people were choosing the sport over the MKZ other than price... I also believe that a properly option in case he is worth the extra $20,000 I just didn't have it ... I apologize for the way that this thread was typed out I was using voice to text on my iPad because I'm lazy and my iPads voice to text sucks

·
Registered
165 Posts
The Lincoln equipped the way I would want it to be would be $15-20K more than the FS

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both the same reason as me... I do wish I could have swung that extra 20 k... soooo badly
But I got the best bang for my buck

·
Registered
481 Posts
also price here

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The reality for me is I could have spent the extra money and got the Lincoln, but it just wasn't worth the extra 20K to me. Same reason I didn't go with anything else. The other cars I looked at and thought about buying I couldn't justify spending the extra money for what I considered to be not that much better.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Price for myself as well. But I will also point out that I would have wanted a tune either way. Yes the Lincoln has more hp/tq but it would still need a tune to remedy the same transmission and torque management issues as with the Sport. I don't speak from experience but I wouldn't be surprised if the Lincoln is tuned even less aggressively than the Sport considering it's target market. I'm thinking my tuned($500) sport is probably more fun to drive than a stock MKZ. A lot more cars would also get my attention at the price of the Lincoln.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Price for myself as well. But I will also point out that I would have wanted a tune either way. Yes the Lincoln has more hp/tq but it would still need a tune to remedy the same transmission and torque management issues as with the Sport.
But 400hp and 400 lb-ft... tourqu vectoring out of the focus RS, every sport option (pre collision, stop and go cruise, park assist, cooling heated seats, blis, heated steering wheel), plus a really beautiful panoramic roof(need to see it), windshield wiper de-icer, self closing truck lid, heated rear seats, multi contour massage seats, and a 20 speaker stereo many people have said is the best stock stereo done in any segment... it seems worth it to me but to each there own... I just happene to do the math for me but other people are looking for value, not sure if it's a value... but it doesn't feel like it... but I think it has a decent amount of equipment for the price and the equipment is goooooodd...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Cobra

That Revel Ultima 20 speaker audio system is precisely what jacked the price of my build with Lincoln. I wanted it, and you have to pony up for up. If I remember correctly, it was part of a $4400 Luxury package (I may be wrong on the price)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cobra

That Revel Ultima 20 speaker audio system is precisely what jacked the price of my build with Lincoln. I wanted it, and you have to pony up for up. If I remember correctly, it was part of a $4400 Luxury package (I may be wrong on the price)
Oh yeah it's not cheap... couldn't replicate it for the price it costs though... not as good as the Lincoln system sounds... sooooo many wants 3 speakers in each door, 3 in the dash 5 in the back deck... and it's with a warranty :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cobra

Come on the "Luxury package" also comes with led head lights... lmao

·
Registered
88 Posts
If the MKZ wasn't just a fancy Fusion (why in the Sam **** Lincoln hasn't used the Mustang S550 chassis for a car is well beyond me).......oh who the **** am I kidding? I still couldn't afford it.

Also, shift buttons on dash.

Lastly, if I'm getting 13 MPGs with a 2.7, I shudder to think what I'd get with the 3.0.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The Fusion just looks so much better!
Certain aspects definitely do. I like the new grille on the MKZ, and the LED array headlamps, but once you get past the front end, I like the FS better. I like FS front end better too, but I also like the MKZ's.

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
75 Posts
Oh yeah it's not cheap... couldn't replicate it for the price it costs though... not as good as the Lincoln system sounds... sooooo many wants 3 speakers in each door, 3 in the dash 5 in the back deck... and it's with a warranty :D:D:D:D
You sure about that? The price Ford charges for audio systems are a joke and you can do better aftermarket for the price.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts