Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for posting. That's the first time I have seen anything official that states exactly what the Sport button does- it definitely says that it firms the suspension, makes the engine sound louder inside, and recalibrates the steering feel. Very cool

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am confused by that brochure. It says the torque value is 350 in one spot, 355 in another, but Ford's website says it is 380. This brochure seems outdated or something. Also, the transmission is definitely changed by the sport button.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am confused by that brochure. It says the torque value is 350 in one spot, 355 in another, but Ford's website says it is 380. This brochure seems outdated or something. Also, the transmission is definitely changed by the sport button.
I'll bet this is an old or possibly pre production brochure, although Ford did change their advertised torque rating from 350 to 380 (with 93 octane) after they initially announced the 325/ 350 numbers. There is certainly no doubt that Sport mode effects the transmission; that's the most noticeable part of Sport mode IMO.

This is just a guess, but I think that the Sport mode was sorted out late in the game, perhaps even after some of these initial brochures were made. They way some of these press pieces are written it almost seems like they might have been planning on more adjustability like Audi Drive Select, as opposed to the simpler on/ off approach of the current Sport mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts