Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We’re guilty of this at some point in our lives, just toss our keys into that cubby along with some spare change, phone goes in the cup holder, second phone somehow squeezed in besides the first, and maybe even an ipad if there’s room. Ford has most likely noticed this over the years and that’s why the 2017 Fusion’s interior has more storage space.

According to Carscoops, Ford has increased the 2017 Fusion’s storage space by 59% compared to the previous generation. The change is most likely driven by our increasing appetite for all things electronic. The Pew Research Center found that 33% of all Americans own a smartphone, tablet, and personal computer; that’s one in three people who owns all three devices, and it’s up 140% over the course of three years.

Ford noticed this trend and has come up with a solution to our storage woes. They’ve redesigned the center console and included a rotary gear shift dial. A dial will give drivers easier access to their electronics compared to a conventional shifter. The armrest has been lengthened by around 3 inches and the storage bin itself has swelled by 4 liters. There’s also a new phone pocket and a small bucket for loose change.

Kelly Whetstone, vehicle architecture supervisor for the Fusion, said "people love the look and feel of Fusion, but there are always things we can do to make it better, so we looked at customer feedback, and then we honed in on the storage capability of the car."

This could be a new design trend for Ford’s future model lineup.

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
For people who have the driver's assist package, such as the auto parking and front sensors.

·
Registered
186 Posts
For people who have the driver's assist package, such as the auto parking and front sensors.
Not exactly. I have every option except parking assist. I have a small tray in place of those buttons on the console. Driver's assist function controls are on the steering wheel / stalks.

·
Registered
230 Posts
2017 Platinum Hybrid.
1 - Echo mode
2 - Grade assist (descend)
3 - Parking Assistant
4 - Proximity sensors off/on
Also, note the 'L' in the center of the dial shifter.
-Lee

·
Registered
305 Posts
I wonder what aftermarket leather would cost? Or, someone to put leather with holes in it like the Explorer Sport just replacing the center section of the seats on the FuSpo? cockerdogs

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where is the grade assist button on 2017 ford fusion

The car automatically goes into grade assist. How do you shut it off and where is the button? The owners manual does not give an illustration or description of there the button is.

I preferred the older versions of storage for the fusions with the compartment on top of the dash, the small drawer for change that was easily accessible and hidden, the stick shift to change gears instead of that goofy round dial, the parking break button should not be where kids can press it or dogs stand on it. Boo on the design for 2107!!!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
The car automatically goes into grade assist. How do you shut it off and where is the button? The owners manual does not give an illustration or description of there the button is.

I preferred the older versions of storage for the fusions with the compartment on top of the dash, the small drawer for change that was easily accessible and hidden, the stick shift to change gears instead of that goofy round dial, the parking break button should not be where kids can press it or dogs stand on it. Boo on the design for 2107!!!!
Given that the park brake can't be activated/ deactivated without pressing on the brake it isn't and issue with the kids or dogs messing with it in a parking lot. While driving the kids are buckled in and the dog should be in the back anyways.

I have grown accustom to the knob and when parking, I don't even need to shift it back into park. pressing the engine off button will auto shift it into park.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts