Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I buy a service contract? my 5 years is up on Feb 23rd. When I bought the car used at 23k miles I also bought a wrap so I had full warranty powertrain and bumper to bumper to 5yr/60k. I know it costs less to buy if I buy one while its still in warranty. It has 37k miles on it. I fear the price to work on this motor, turbos, or trans. Should I look into a service contract from my dealer? Will they finance these? Im sure it will be in the 3k$ neighborhood for another 3 years 60k miles? My 17 was produced on 9/16 if that makes a difference, I heard the early motors had head gasket and oil leak issues?

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
If you plan to keep the car it is cheap insurance, My bumper to bumper just ended this month so I am in the market as well

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you plan to keep the car it is cheap insurance, My bumper to bumper just ended this month so I am in the market as well
Im gonna stop by the dealer next week for Lof, Trans Service and state inspection Ill let you know what they tell me.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
I work next to a ford dealer and go to the 50s diner for lunch more then I should lol I will ask also just for a reference.

·
Registered
61 Posts
From my expereince with Ford support, my warranty is also about to run out and I certainly got very little value out of it. Most stuff (even glaring obvious manufacturing defects, thankfully just cosmetic) got denied. So I won't be renewing.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Should I buy a service contract? my 5 years is up on Feb 23rd. When I bought the car used at 23k miles I also bought a wrap so I had full warranty powertrain and bumper to bumper to 5yr/60k. I know it costs less to buy if I buy one while its still in warranty. It has 37k miles on it. I fear the price to work on this motor, turbos, or trans. Should I look into a service contract from my dealer? Will they finance these? Im sure it will be in the 3k$ neighborhood for another 3 years 60k miles? My 17 was produced on 9/16 if that makes a difference, I heard the early motors had head gasket and oil leak issues?
Hi MFGL. If you are contemplating a Ford ESP Plan, get price quotes from these two online sellers:

In my extensive local Dealer and online shopping, they were the two lowest for my last 5 new Lincoln/Ford/Mercury vehicles. Zeigler has always been the lowest price. Flood Ford has always been next, usually within $20-$25.

EDIT - Forgot to mention I have actually purchased from Zeigler each time. And the purchase process went flawlesssly.

You can find other online sellers of Ford ESP Plans by Googling "Ford ESP Plans". And even the Dealership I purchased my cars from would not/could not match the Zeigler pricing

Also, make sure you are always comparing apples to apples coverage, since there are many options. They include: What is actually covered...for example the Premiumcare Plan is the top plan. Then there are the various mileage limitations. The various time limitations. LED Lighting coverage. Key coverage. Rental car coverage, etc.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,644 Posts
If you're in the US I also recommend taking a look at the two dealers @bbf2530 posted - many across all Ford forums have posted about using them. I've been looking into them for a family member, the prices both of them quoted are half to 1/3 of what the local dealers quoted... for the same warranty.

I believe if you wait until the 3yr/36k miles it costs slightly more and you need an inspection (tho I think it just has to be done by any Ford dealer - not sure on that tho... been a while since I looked into that part).

Heck if you're really worried about some stuff stuff, get like the BaseCare warranty to cover just the engine, trans, PTU, etc. They have pretty good lists and PDF coduments of what's covered under each plan on their website to look through - just compare and see what's best for you.

Reactions: Engineer
1 - 7 of 7 Posts