Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Burgundy Velvet 2017 FFS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone swapped to the 2016 titanium tail lights on their FFS? Looking to ditch the chrome strip and I like the full circle lights. I've got the center trim peice and inner tail lights from a 2016 Titanium coming in the mail and I'm picking up the outers at a local salvage yard. Curious as to what I'll need to wire them up. Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pretty sure the '16 are different dimensions outright, and not just a difference in chrome trim. Otherwise we all would have been swapping in '16 taillights for the past few years (would have been easier).

Gonna be annoyed if you tell me this was an option... just sayin.

·
Registered
Burgundy Velvet 2017 FFS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Essentially trying to replicate this, I've talked with the owner Chris via Instagram and I'm fairly sure that I can replicate this look with titanium tails rather than $3000 custom lights. The trim peice makes up for the difference in dimensions on the inners.

·
Registered
39 Posts
See... and now I'm annoyed... and now I'm looking to see if I can afford to do it.

I've always preferred the tail design of the 13-16 better... but when I got my '18, the replacement of the inners (and updated wiring harness) was the cheapest/quickest way to get close to the fully lit configuration.

Assume you'll color match the trim piece?

·
Registered
Burgundy Velvet 2017 FFS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See... and now I'm annoyed... and now I'm looking to see if I can afford to do it.

I've always preferred the tail design of the 13-16 better... but when I got my '18, the replacement of the inners (and updated wiring harness) was the cheapest/quickest way to get close to the fully lit configuration.

Assume you'll color match the trim piece?
The doner car for the trim peice is actually tuxedo black, which I think will look great when I wrap the rest of my crome metallic black so I kinda lucked out there.

·
Registered
Burgundy Velvet 2017 FFS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the mock up. Ended up getting a silver trim peice at a junkyard. I'm in the middle of sending but had to put it on and test it out. It can be done fellas.

·
Registered
Burgundy Velvet 2017 FFS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You'll need the full tail light assembly off of a 2016 titanium (inners and outters) , the lighting harness from the trunk deck lid and the trim peice from inbetween the tails. Easiest way to do this is gonna be hitting a salvage yard. Installation isn't crazy but there's definitely a couple bolts holding on the existing trim peice that are a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
Burgundy Velvet 2017 FFS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also spent a couple extra bucks on the entirty of the wiring harnesses in the trunk because I wasn't sure what I would need. But I now know you'll only need what's in the deck lid.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So do the tail lights have to be from a Titanium, or will SE or SEL work also?
From what I understand you'll need the titaniums for the full circle running lights
If you only want to do a chrome delete, you should be able to source from a lower trim level (will still need the trunk trim piece). And it'd cost less to source the lower level lights.

But, as Atest stated, the Titanium has the perimeter LED design. Some lower trims had a "Titanium Package" that offered these upgraded taillights, so you may find an SE or SEL that has the upgraded lights. Not sure if they look different when the lights are off, which may be hard to figure out if you're sourcing from a wrecking yard.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts