Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I have a 2015 Titanium with 90k miles on it…figured I’d join the forum since my beauty is out of warranty and of course this is when stuff starts crapping the bed! I miss my 03 Jetta. It was super sporty, manual, 17in rims, lowered, and a total chic car. Should have kept it for fun. Anyway, here I am with a mom car (bought brand new) and it sounds like my car is “winding” at 60+ mph. I don’t use sport mode as often as I probably should…it’s just awkward not having a clutch. I’m so use to a manual and paddles are just “not the same”. So that said…the other day, while experiencing this feeling in the floorboard and sound, I’m in standard drive mode ok, I decided to hit the +paddle and it showed up on my dash with the #6. Like it was switched I to 6th gear. So here’s my questions::
1. Should sport mode even respond or show up on dash while in standard drive mode. I was under the impression it only works when shifted I to the lowest gear (S)?
2. There was recall on a bushing but not sure this would effect what I’m hearing and sounding. It sounds like it needs to shift. Is there an overdrive?
3. Please let me know if you may think it’s something else and thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
1,719 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Just a heads up, most info on here may not be related to your Fusion since this forum is focused on the 2017+ Fusion Sport and MKZ 3.0T, but some info may apply for any shared components (which is also slimmed down even more when comparing '13-'16 vs. '17-'20 model years). You will have much better luck over at 2GFusions.net tho, and either way are free to stick around.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
1. Should sport mode even respond or show up on dash while in standard drive mode. I was under the impression it only works when shifted I to the lowest gear (S)?
2. Is there an overdrive?
Hi @Mwlfe0331 !

Just answering a couple of your questions hopefully:

1. If you're in "Drive" you're not in "Sport" mode. Sport Mode on the 15s is, as you mention, when you shift into "S". But 15 cars with either paddle shifters or the shift buttons on the shifter can manually shift, even in drive mode. If you shift on a 13 or higher Fusion, in normal Drive mode, you'll see your gear shown on the dash. It should only show for a few seconds usually if you're in normal Drive though because it will automatically go back to fully-automatic after just a few seconds.

2. 13 and higher Fusions have either 6F35 (non-Sport) or 6F55 (Sport) transmissions. These are all six-speeds. Sixth gear is definitely an "overdrive" gear, meaning the ratio is beyond 1:1.

And like @DaMiFo said, you might want to check 2GFusions because this forum is more for the Fusion Sport model, which is a high-performance version of the Fusion with a lot of different parts, which actually has more in common with a Lincoln MKZ probably than a typical Fusion. But you're certainly welcome to join the forum, we have all kinds of folks on here, and everyone on here loves cars in general, so we all share that!

For what it's worth, the Fusions are great cars. It's hard to say what's going on with yours. Just from the description I'm wondering about maybe a CV joint failing. But it's normal to have to do some maintenance on a car with 90 thousand miles. You've got a good car though.

Good luck with your Fusion in any case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts