Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped off my Sport yesterday to have some follow up stuff done to it after my purchase and received a loaner 2015 Fusion SE Ecoboost. I'm assuming it's a 1.5L due to the decent gas mileage (30+ MPG Highway)

Has 10k miles on it. I understand it's a basic loaner/courtesy car, however...

The car itself feels so average, not sure if there's any other way to describe it. The car literally tilts when changing lanes or making a turn!

The climate control unit has physical keys like ours, but with the 2015 there's no way to turn it off without going into the screen climate menu. Our Sport is fully adjustable with the physical keys, or the climate screen.

Alright, I know I'm nitpicking... however our Sports are definitely nowhere near the same league as regular Fusions. May look similar on the outside, but that's probably all you can compare.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've told other fusion owners, when they ask about the new sport, that I wouldn't have gotten a fusion if it wasn't for the sport... you can get better midsize cars for the price of a 4 cyl fusion, but nothing can touch the sport for its price...

That usually gets a rise out of '13-'16 owners because they all think the sport is overpriced. (they're salty because they can't afford one)

The difference between the sport and an SE is drastic and its what made the car appealing...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The climate control unit has physical keys like ours, but with the 2015 there's no way to turn it off without going into the screen climate menu. Our Sport is fully adjustable with the physical keys, or the climate screen.
I agree to everything except this. To change where the air is being directed, you do have to go into the climate screen, which I wish there was a button to change air position for that as well. Like you said, its nitpicking a little bit, but there are things about our cars that I nitpick as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've told other fusion owners, when they ask about the new sport, that I wouldn't have gotten a fusion if it wasn't for the sport... you can get better midsize cars for the price of a 4 cyl fusion, but nothing can touch the sport for its price...

That usually gets a rise out of '13-'16 owners because they all think the sport is overpriced. (they're salty because they can't afford one)

The difference between the sport and an SE is drastic and its what made the car appealing...

LOL! On the facebook pages there are a few people that always try to justify why they went with the base model. Like you're not fooling me lol

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL! On the facebook pages there are a few people that always try to justify why they went with the base model. Like you're not fooling me lol
Yup. I agree. Like Vinny said above, there's a ton of different midsize cars comparable to the Fusion; I'm sure some better(generally speaking all around) and cheaper.

I'm just amazed at how normal and average the SE is. Two cars I would personally choose over the non-sport Fusion is a Hyundai Sonata 2.0T, and probably a Legacy/Impreza. Sport blows those both away though.

But I suppose you will find those people who blindly trash talk the Sport who've never sat in it, or have not done an extended test drive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree with all that's been said so far. I had a Fusion 1.5L loaner for a day to get some stuff done to my Sport. I would not even consider another Fusion after driving the Sport. My 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue fully loaded was honestly better than the stock Fusion. I thought the car died on me because I didn't know they automatically shut off at stop lights. The stock Fusion looks decent, but is way too slow and way to generic on the inside.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I owned a fusion 2016 ES 2.0T while I waited for the sport.. Its a great looking car but its slow and lacks excitement.. I got one of the forest Sports that were delivered to GA dealers its been perfect and I love it..

·
Registered
481 Posts
i road in my friends few year old fusion platinum and i gotta say the interior is a little nicer than the sport it also had a touchscreen unit in it. On the surface it feels more refined and fancy inside but once u start using sync etc it shows its age. For me i came to this car the motor alone if it wasn't for a twin turbo v6 in it i would of also never gotten a fusion, the 2.0 ecoboost is still just average IMO.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I agree to everything except this. To change where the air is being directed, you do have to go into the climate screen, which I wish there was a button to change air position for that as well. Like you said, its nitpicking a little bit, but there are things about our cars that I nitpick as well.
I totally agree. The amount of touch screen taps it takes to do something with the defroster settings is ridiculous. Yes there is a defroster button for when all you want is defroster only but I rarely use windshield defroster alone. Hvac should be physical buttons always I feel. My prior 2016 Explorer with Ford touch had this correct at least. The best was on my 2011 Malibu ltz. It had a dial to choose where the air was directed and you could dial in between settings so to speak and choose something like 80% floor and 20% defroster. It was pretty sweet in that regard. Only took one simple dial to give you emense control over where the air flowed and how much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts