Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This mod was very easy to install, literally less than 5 minutes. It feels a little more responsive and a little quicker but was the advertised 4psi really added? Who knows....I was expecting at least close to 30hp and 50ft lbs (the "up to" advertised numbers) but it feels closer to half of that.
The apps "live" optional boost gauge says the module did indeed increase the boost (around 17-17.5psi) but again, who knows if that is truly correct.
Either way, no CEL or issues yet.
Eventually, I want to run fuel trim comparisons with and without the mod but my buddies ELM 327 Bluetooth reader wouldn't work with my app. So I most likely will need to order a wifi OBDII and download a paid app to get it to work with iOS.

Attachments

Reactions: Donjohnk

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Awesome stuff. Any chance we will be getting a video of your excitement with this mod? Lol

·
Registered
481 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
This mod was very easy to install, literally less than 5 minutes. It feels a little more responsive and a little quicker but was the advertised 4psi really added? Who knows....I was expecting at least close to 30hp and 50ft lbs (the "up to" advertised numbers) but it feels closer to half of that.
The apps "live" optional boost gauge says the module did indeed increase the boost (around 17-17.5psi) but again, who knows if that is truly correct.
Either way, no CEL or issues yet.
Eventually, I want to run fuel trim comparisons with and without the mod but my buddies ELM 327 Bluetooth reader wouldn't work with my app. So I most likely will need to order a wifi OBDII and download a paid app to get it to work with iOS.
You can get a decent $20 OBD reader from Amazon. DashCommand is the IOS app that I use. All of the OBD stuff will tell you what the car thinks the boost level is. It's possible it will read artificially low due to the module. The other thing to consider is that like dyno results your boost reading will be weather dependent. The only real way to compare it would be to test it back to back with it on and then off or off and then on. I had a similar module on my MINI and I had it on the dyno. We tested it with the module, then took the module off and tested again. It added 20hp at the wheels on a 2.0L engine.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Great mod for people who dont care about warranties, performance or doing damage to their engines! Nothing says safe like artificially telling your engine its doing one thing when in reality its doing another!

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you are around 17-17.5 psi, then you are around half of the advertised gains. Not surprised that this piggback module isn't giving the same umph as actual tunes. Either way good enough for some small hp without having to worry too much about the warranty at this point.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Great mod for people who dont care about warranties, performance or doing damage to their engines! Nothing says safe like artificially telling your engine its doing one thing when in reality its doing another!
Yeah, this would make me a little leary. But I guess one wouldn't have to worry about warranty denials.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts