Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pulled it out of my 15. This one

13 thru 17 Fusion OEM Genuine Ford Bi-Directional Remote Start System Kit NEW | eBay

Guy at Fairway ford sells em on E-bay and claimed this is the exact kit you
need for the sport.

I realize the sport has remote start, but that is the low power, short range one.
I need to go outside of a building (from center of first floor), through a thick row
of trees, and well over 400 feet tota,l away, and this kit works through all that.

Just curious if anyone had upgraded their remote start? (guessing no)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Couldn't you use the FordPass app? I have not tried it but was under the impression that as long as your car and your smartphone have cellular connectivity, there is not a distance limitation.

Reactions: ArthurUSCG

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Couldn't you use the FordPass app? I have not tried it but was under the impression that as long as your car and your smartphone have cellular connectivity, there is not a distance limitation.
That only works if you have the modem installed which requires the driver assist package I believe.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Also a fee to use that, charged each year, right??
I think you get first five years free, then after that you get charged. Not sure, cause I didn't realize you needed that package for everything, much like none of us knew ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you get first five years free, then after that you get charged. Not sure, cause I didn't realize you needed that package for everything, much like none of us knew ahead of time.

Well, either way, this thing installs in about 15 minutes now that I know how to do it.
Guy at dealer that sells them thinks you don't even need to activate it, as remote
start is already turned on due to it being a std item on sport. He even
thinks either one will still work. I do plan on getting FORscan anyway, so
probably a way to do it through that, worse case.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Five years is included, then you pay to continue. Seemed fairly reasonable as I recall. The idea of starting my car when I am in another state seems a little scary. But I do like a lot of the FordPass app's other features. Didn't realize the modem was past of an option package.

·
Registered
899 Posts
****, I'm not going to pay for the FordPass app. The darn thing is useless since it doesn't use Verizon's low frequencies which is needed to reach the car inside the parking garage at work or at my house

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts