Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked on the web, but not the manual, but can you have an S7 connected for phone use while using lets say an iPod touch connected via Bluetooth for audio?

I abhor the way apps handle music, and I abhor iPhones, but I really like the way iTunes handles music (don't hate!) Besides the fact you can't have a playlist greater than 1000 songs on the Android.

TIA

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
Are you sure it can only be one at a time? I know for a fact SYNC 1 and SYNC 2/MFT can, I just have tried on SYNC 3 myself yet.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Are you sure it can only be one at a time? I know for a fact SYNC 1 and SYNC 2/MFT can, I just have tried on SYNC 3 myself yet.
Even when I had sync 1 in my 2010 fusion, it would disconnect one if i connected another

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
Really? When I go on road trips in my 2010 Focus I use one of my old phones to save Spotify playlists offline, and it lets me use both. Did you ever update SYNC in it?

Anyways I just got home and tried it in my Sport, and it does let us do 2 devices. Just have to manually select "Connect Media" when you want to use it.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Really? When I go on road trips in my 2010 Focus I use one of my old phones to save Spotify playlists offline, and it lets me use both. Did you ever update SYNC in it?

Anyways I just got home and tried it in my Sport, and it does let us do 2 devices. Just have to manually select "Connect Media" when you want to use it.

yeah, they can be available, but i think the OP is asking about having both connected in the sense that he can use them both at the same time. Thats what I meant by you can't. Only one can be being used at a time. If you are using one for music, and one for phone, you can only be connected to one at a time. So if you are listening to music, and someone calls you on the other device, its not going to go through sync.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
Yeah, the two arrows next to my S8 and Tab S2 show they're connected. I had a family member call me to test while I was in the car, it did pause the music playing on my tablet and ring from my S8. If what you're saying is it won't keep playing music while on the phone, that is true, but I didn't think that's what OP meant.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Yeah, the two arrows next to my S8 and Tab S2 show they're connected. I had a family member call me to test while I was in the car, it did pause the music playing on my tablet and ring from my S8. If what you're saying is it won't keep playing music while on the phone, that is true, but I didn't think that's what OP meant.
hmm, I will have to look at that again. i have two iphones connected, but if the one rings it won't play through the speakers. I have to select which one i want through the bluetooth. it only seems to allow me one at a time.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
That is interesting. I wonder if it's an apple thing and they're (or one of them is) trying to control bluetooth somehow? I'll have to dig up a family member's old iPhone and give it a shot then, since I just tried with two Samsungs.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
if you get it to work let me know, cause then I have to try and figure out why it doesn't work for me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rats, two different answers =P

I dont' want to drop $300 on a device have it not work.

Doh!

·
Registered
624 Posts
I concur with DaMiFo at least with myFord Touch. Two android devices, one connected as phone, one as media worked in my wife's former 2016 Explorer. Haven't tried in my Sport though. Would certainly be a step backwards, although I wouldn't be surprised. Sync 3 has been extremely temperamental for me. It gets confused very easily. Have had Bluetooth issues a couple of times, as well as issues getting it to work with Android Auto. And once something doesn't work right you have to shut the car off for a while to get it to reset. Just shutting ignition off and opening and closing door was not enough.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can confirm that connecting 2 bluetooth devices at the same time, one for phone and one for music works and it works well.. I can stream music from one device in bluetooth et when the phone ring, I cna pick up the phone directly on the radio or with the steering wheels control and the call goes thru the radio. When you hang up, the music starts again...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can confirm that connecting 2 bluetooth devices at the same time, one for phone and one for music works and it works well.. I can stream music from one device in bluetooth et when the phone ring, I cna pick up the phone directly on the radio or with the steering wheels control and the call goes thru the radio. When you hang up, the music starts again...

Great! But I'll be sending you a bill if it doesn't work! (goes to buy iPod touch)

Reactions: Oreo

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update:

new iPod touch hasn't arrived yet, but forgot i had purchased a new iPad Mini 4. Which i figure is the same more or less.

I paired the iPad (took a bit of experimentation), made a call with my S7, it paused and muted, then went back after hanging up call.

The issue I'm having is that it doesn't work after the car is turned off, I came back to car from grocery store and it didn't pair up immediately. I'm guessing this is because it goes to sleep? The iPad continued to play music and work prior to turning the ignition off, even with screen going black. But like i said it wouldn't repair automatically.

any ideas?

I'm thinking leaving it plugged into a charger (not via USB direct but a charger in the cig lighter) and then leave it on with the screen always on and the brightness at the lowest level.

Now i know that the cig lighters are only active when the car is on, which means that I wonder if the iPad will stay alive overnight and if it will charge back all the way during my day of driving.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
this is crazy. mine shows 2 available in the bt menu, but only connected to one at a time. I can only select one, and if i select the other, the other disconnects. i can't have music from one and phone from the other. if i am connected to one, and the other phone rings it doesn't connect to that one and go through the system.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On an Escape forum, someone was doing the same thing and said they were successful with a new iPod touch (what i ordered), but didn't say if that was via usb or BT.

he said it starts up right away when he starts the car doesn't have to wake it up. That's the problem my iPod classic (from at least 10 years ago) does.

We'll see, I'm trying the cable with my new ipad mini tonight.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Doesn't work with cable, and when car comes back on, it sometimes doesn't even detect the ipad.

I have to unplug it and plug it back in...

Very annoying...looks like i'm stuck with the Google Play Music. Hopefully they can come up with some sort of patch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts