Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys just bought 2018 tianium awd 2.0 eco boost 19 000km Got to say the handling of the car is impeccable! Im from canada and my display shows the power for each tire for the awd as well.. to be honest I find it has more punch just add regular mode when you Giver and in sport mode it picks up quick but then kind of legs right away. Going to put an intake on it and possibly muffler delete has anybody else done the muffler delete does it actually make it bog out more does it give it power at higher rpms

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hey guys just bought 2018 tianium awd 2.0 eco boost 19 000km Got to say the handling of the car is impeccable! Im from canada and my display shows the power for each tire for the awd as well.. to be honest I find it has more punch just add regular mode when you Giver and in sport mode it picks up quick but then kind of legs right away. Going to put an intake on it and possibly muffler delete has anybody else done the muffler delete does it actually make it bog out more does it give it power at higher rpms
Hi Mikey. Congratulations on your new Fusion Titanium and welcome to the Fusion Sport Forums!

Just some information about your modifications ideas: A muffler delete will do nothing for power. It only makes the car loud and will also result in an irritating drone at mid to highway speeds.

The reason deleting the muffler/mufflers does nothing for power is because the catalytic converters are the choke point in the exhaust tract, not the muffler or resonators. So removing the mufflers, which are aft of the catalytic converters in the exhaust tract, will do nothing to increase exhaust flow.
A good analogy: Removing the mufflers to open up the exhaust after the catalytic converters is like widening the river after the dam. It does nothing to increase the water flow, once again because the dam is the choke point.

Also, concerning an intake: Our cars already have an efficient cold air intake snorkel system. If you want to add an aftermarket intake for the increased engine sound or the looks, go ahead. But you will not see any power gains. In fact most aftermarket "cold air intakes" are actually hot air intakes, since they are inefficiently sealed and/or open to the hot engine bay.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
78 Posts
The only things that would recommend are a tune and panel air cleaner. Those mods will put a smile on your face. People are going to say the air filter will do nothing for performance, but it sounds good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I drove and enjoyed my 2017 2.0L AWD for 2 years before a deer decided to jump in front of our car and totalled it... I just picked up a 2017 Sport and must say I was blown away... the driving experience, suspension, acceleration, even the piped-in sound... not even mentioning all the upgrades it's fully optioned... really liked my 2.0 AWD, but absolutely love my Sport... View attachment 27204 View attachment 27205
Hi there… you couldn’t have said my feelings any more identical. I had a 2.0 Fusion AWD that I loved… no problem. Hearing that Ford was dumping the Fusion lineup I wanted a newer one. Test drove the 2018 Sport AWD V6 and OMG… I really LOVE this one!!! It’s my very fast fun to drive car that has room vs a Mustang or some 2 seater!! It’s hopefully a keeper for a very long time!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I drove and enjoyed my 2017 2.0L AWD for 2 years before a deer decided to jump in front of our car and totalled it... I just picked up a 2017 Sport and must say I was blown away... the driving experience, suspension, acceleration, even the piped-in sound... not even mentioning all the upgrades it's fully optioned... really liked my 2.0 AWD, but absolutely love my Sport... View attachment 27204 View attachment 27205
Hi there… you couldn’t have said my feelings any more identical. I had a 2.0 Fusion AWD that I loved… no problem. Hearing that Ford was dumping the Fusion lineup I wanted a newer one. Test drove the 2018 Sport AWD V6 and OMG… I really LOVE this one!!! It’s my very fast fun to drive car that has room vs a Mustang or some 2 seater!! It’s hopefully a keeper for a very long time!
Replying to Engineer and Bernie S

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
A co-worker got a 2020 Fusion SE with the 2.0 and AWD. Very nice setup. Another co-worker has a 2016 SE with the 2.0 and AWD, and brown leather interior. That leather was really sweet. Made my Fusion Sport 401A feel like a cheap version.

I will say that I like the SE tail lights the best. The level 3 tail lights make it look too much like a Fusion at night. The SE tail lights remind me of a Jaguar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A co-worker got a 2020 Fusion SE with the 2.0 and AWD. Very nice setup. Another co-worker has a 2016 SE with the 2.0 and AWD, and brown leather interior. That leather was really sweet. Made my Fusion Sport 401A feel like a cheap version.

I will say that I like the SE tail lights the best. The level 3 tail lights make it look too much like a Fusion at night. The SE tail lights remind me of a Jaguar.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts