Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks for this! Have you driven on them? Been keeping an eye out on the 18's that will fit the sport to use for winter.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I wanted those wheels but couldn't get them cheap for the condition they were in. I like my snowflakes.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for this! Have you driven on them? Been keeping an eye out on the 18's that will fit the sport to use for winter.
Nope, only put one on for fit, but don't see any problem with them.
They easily fit with stock size tire that came on fusions with 18's,
as that tire is smaller dia.

I was amazed they fit at all since Sport studs are so much bigger.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ah, my main goal is just for winter tires and 18" winter tires are a fair bit cheaper than 19". I live in North Dakota, so the roads get pretty brutal. I haven't ever had AWD before and have managed through the winters just fine before on all seasons, but I figure might as well try and keep myself as safe as possible as I love this car. I found a set of these wheels for $300, which I think isn't a bad deal. Glad they fit, really makes me ready to go ahead and get them

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ah, my main goal is just for winter tires and 18" winter tires are a fair bit cheaper than 19". I live in North Dakota, so the roads get pretty brutal. I haven't ever had AWD before and have managed through the winters just fine before on all seasons, but I figure might as well try and keep myself as safe as possible as I love this car. I found a set of these wheels for $300, which I think isn't a bad deal. Glad they fit, really makes me ready to go ahead and get them
That's a great deal as long As they aren't rashed to heck

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Couple more pics. Even looks like they will still be hubcentric

Wheel info if ever needed

Looks like offset is even the same??

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yes, same offset as the OEM 19's. And even made in the same country! Good find!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Was pretty easy, they where sitting on other side of garage, HAHA!!

Oh how lucky you are. Someone left wheels right by your garage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you noticed any benefit from the smaller diameter wheels regarding acceleration?
I'm going to a 245 width tire for a more aggressive UHP all season setup. I can either do a 245/40/19 (slightly taller tire) or a 245/35/19 (slightly smaller diameter) with the same tire.
Any suggestions taller or shorter?
Thanks!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Found me some 18" Fusion wheels today and picked them up tonight!

They are Ford OEM 18 x 8 et55 Ronal made in Germany. Can't wait to put some sensors and rubber on them!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have you noticed any benefit from the smaller diameter wheels regarding acceleration?
I'm going to a 245 width tire for a more aggressive UHP all season setup. I can either do a 245/40/19 (slightly taller tire) or a 245/35/19 (slightly smaller diameter) with the same tire.
Any suggestions taller or shorter?
Thanks!
I'm sure the 18" wheel/tire package is less weight, so it should better just due to that,
but I have no mounted them all up and checked back to back. Won't be doing that
until winter.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice Ike! I just picked up some 18" OEMs of a 2016 Fusion. Only one wheel had some rashing, but I just plan on using these for winter, so I am not overly concerned.

Does anyone have any recommendations on tire sizes? I think I'd like something with more sidewall.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Just weighed my ST wheels with 225/45 blizzaks 49.4 lbs. stock 19's are 59.7 lbs

·
Registered
868 Posts
Does anyone have any recommendations on tire sizes? I think I'd like something with more sidewall.
If going with them for winter only, I would probably go with a 225 width and you could do a 50 series sidewall. Thinner section is better for eating through snow/ice. Compared to stock setup, at 65mph you'll actually be doing 66.1mph using the below calc. For my spring/summer/fall setup I will be looking in the 245/45R18 or 245/40R18 depending on what I find.

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/learn/tire-size-calculator

P.S. - OSU as in...?

·
Registered
153 Posts
If going with them for winter only, I would probably go with a 225 width and you could do a 50 series sidewall. Thinner section is better for eating through snow/ice. Compared to stock setup, at 65mph you'll actually be doing 66.1mph using the below calc. For my spring/summer/fall setup I will be looking in the 245/45R18 or 245/40R18 depending on what I find.

P.S. - OSU as in...?

Thanks for the info! I really like the stock rims so I'll be sticking with those when it's not winter since 18" tires are cheaper.

You seriously don't know OSU? ... it's obviously Oswego State (SUNY Oswego)!! haha I'm sure a few forum members here actually know it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Welcome. I'm just south of ya. I live in brewerton. 225-50 is good choice. I got these only because they were practically new and paid 160 for them.

Reactions: ike

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts