Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there doesn't seem to be ANY underbody shots of the FuSpo, I decided to climb under and snap a few so people that like to fantasize about what they want to do to their exhaust can do so without crawling around on the ground. So, without further ado, I introduce to you, the FuSpo's poop-chute(s).

She's a bit dirty from the rain and some of the pics are a bit blurry. It was hard to tell if they were in focus with the camera 2 inches from my face. Sorry.:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
That is one GIANT muffler.... Curious to see what kind of aftermarket exhaust comes out and if we can get some better exterior sound.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For clarification, since I can't get it up on a lift to get a good shot of the front exhaust, the front cat is directly above pipe in pic #4 (exhaust2), and pic 9 is that cat, taken with the camera facing the passenger side of the car. The rear cat is right in front of the flexpipes in pic #5 above the crossmember.

Pics #1 and #3 are facing the front of the car, #4-6 are facing the rear.

Hope that gives you all an idea of how it all looks under there.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is one GIANT muffler.... Curious to see what kind of aftermarket exhaust comes out and if we can get some better exterior sound.
Yes.... it is HUGE. Also, everyting seems to be VERY solid, and I'd wager the muffle and resonator weigh over 100lbs between the two. Im seriously debating tossing an X-pipe in place of the resonator and some Thrush welded mufflers in back.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Oh my, that reminds me of the G8 when I got it. Too quiet and couldn't breathe properly.

Replace that GIANT muffler with a pair of Magnaflows will let it breathe better and speak up. Is that just a resonator in the middle? If so an x-pipe would probably be the way to go though I am no professional and do not know if that would have the same effect on a V6 as it did on the V8...

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'd wager the muffle and resonator weigh over 100lbs between the two
I wouldn't doubt it.

Im seriously debating tossing an X-pipe in place of the resonator
I am curious how that would alter the exterior sound. I also wonder if that would impact the electronically generated engine sounds in the cabin.

Wonder if Borla/Corsa/Flowmaster come up with something soon?

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also wonder if that would impact the electronically generated engine sounds in the cabin.
That's something else I'm thinking about addressing. What the **** is the deal with that anyway? Might be time for an under hood picture thread...

·
Registered
529 Posts
That's something else I'm thinking about addressing. What the **** is the deal with that anyway? Might be time for an under hood picture thread...
There are so many automakers going to this now. With all these sound engineers getting into the mix of ride quality, Sounds are being resonated and deadened out of vehicles. Those of us that still want a little growl and ear candy, end up with some fake autotune bullshit.

Side story: Good friend works at Toyota, brought over a Lexus GS 350 F Sport... I stood out on the road as he drove by and it sounds like a whisper... Get in the car and hammer on the gogo juice a little... sounds like a well tuned veesix.

They all doing it.... and it sucks.

·
Registered
491 Posts
My Lexus NX 200t F Sport does this when you put it in Sport mode. There is even a volume control dial on the dashboard for it!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
My Lexus NX 200t F Sport does this when you put it in Sport mode. There is even a volume control dial on the dashboard for it!
At least they allow you to shut that junk off. It should be pretty quiet inside unless you
turn something on in a menu..................

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I can't wait to see someone chop their exhaust and youtube it...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts