Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the numbers: I am sure not what folks wanted to here - I will post a detailed review tomorrow:

There was friend of ours there with a totally stock Sport and it make a run against my wife: I only posted the best run which was the first - the car started to go down hill from there:

Stock: Livernois Tune
1/8 8.74 at 79,84 mph 8.59 at 83.3 mph - not bad
1/4 13.64 at 100.4 13.49 at 99.86 - not good

I predicated the car would be 13.5 at about 100 - so my butt Dyno worked but then have been doing this for a while
One positive out of this is a stock turned 13.6 with almost identical 60 Ft times

The car flat went to **** in the back end - just no power at all - plus lots of other stuff which I will go into when I do some comparisons tomorrow - sorry no video - my friend with camera did not make it.

One thing you all can count on I will be having a discussion with Livernois tomorrow!!!!

my 2.7 F150 truck turned a time of 13.21 at 101.51 mph and it is 800 lbs heavier than the sport - something for sure is not right - sorry for the news guys - but I still think the potential is there just need to keep the information flowing to tuners and see who can get this car running right !!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Well I guess i will hold out a while on the tune idea then. maybe by spring they will have some better things out there.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I thought it would be low 13s and its a little disappointing. I think they still have a lot on the table and bumping up the shift points will help. Has anyone logged lambda or afr along with kr and what its doing on a wot pull. Curious if more timing can be added and what the livernois has the peak timing at during wot.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Those numbers are disappointing at best. I was easily expecting low 13's with the "gains" produced by the tune. I'm starting to wonder if they had a chance to actually do any real tuning, or if they just dialed up the boost and changed a few parameters around the trans.

I can certainly tell you, WOT is a let down with this car. It almost seems to pull hard when you keep RPM under 5500. I agree that there needs to be some data logging going on to understand if we have timing issues later in the power band.

Bencher, thanks for investing the time at the track and posting the numbers. Hopefully we can get a consensus of tuned sport drivers to convince LMS to iron this out. I might be taking Dave's approach and heading back to stock tune.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey guys...just wanted to get a little positivity in this thread. I have been working with Torrie from Unleashed back and forth with 3 revisions in 2 days he is great at responding to me day or night. I feel each time the car is pulling harder each time he tweeks something. Stay tuned I think it will get there...after all this is a 2017 car and the calender still says it's 2016 so give it some time it will get worked out!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I haven't seen any but would like to. It would have been nice if that 13.1 was at the track.
Dave I believe 13.1 is definitely possible...so far I am only running the 91 tune and with the latest revision it pulls like a monster... now we're just working out getting a stronger hole shot. Going to try and find some 93 octane this weekend and work on that tune next.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Bugs need to be worked out, I'm glad you guys are out there getting things started for us. I'm looking forward to the improvements to come, just hope no major probs

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey guys...just wanted to get a little positivity in this thread. I have been working with Torrie from Unleashed back and forth with 3 revisions in 2 days he is great at responding to me day or night. I feel each time the car is pulling harder each time he tweeks something. Stay tuned I think it will get there...after all this is a 2017 car and the calender still says it's 2016 so give it some time it will get worked out!
I sent Torrie a couple message on Facebook the other day asking about the tune and how the whole thing works with tunes. He was VERY quick to respond, and had all the answers... The option for as many tunes as you want with Livernois is nice, but if their tunes don't come close to the tunes from Torrie, I'll be picking up an nGauge.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I sent Torrie a couple message on Facebook the other day asking about the tune and how the whole thing works with tunes. He was VERY quick to respond, and had all the answers... The option for as many tunes as you want with Livernois is nice, but if their tunes don't come close to the tunes from Torrie, I'll be picking up an nGauge.
Yes I've had tunes from other places and no one has responded as well as Torrie. I feel bad emailing him around supper time with an update but he always gets back to me immediately...

·
Registered
156 Posts
How is the trans acting? Don't break a half shaft with that holeshot!
Trans feels good to me... quick and to the point. Torque stays smooth through 2nd and 3rd no drop offs or surging although I have been concentrating on 1/8 mile and 0-60 so no 1/4 mile runs yet. I still feel the trans could downshift a little quicker when passing a car on the highway but not as important to me as solid upshifts in the 1/8. I might ask him if there is any more we can do with the trans tomorrow...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Jesus that is confusing to say the least. 2 tenths of a second improvement while they claim like 60+WHP and 40+WTQ on the tune, thats just not right. Thanks for the runs though, I was waiting to see what you ran before I bought the LMS tune, 600 dollars for .2 tenths of a second is definitely not worth it.

Looking at your 1/8th Trap compared to the 1/4 Trap, I think you maybe heat soaking the **** out of the engine. I noticed at the track that after my first run, if I didnt wait 45+ minutes to do another run, it just got slower and slower. I think the tiny intercooler on the car combined with two turbos working overtime is raising the intake and EGT temps too high. Ive been thinking about doing a meth injection system for a little bit now. Would definitely cool the intake charge, boost my octane, and clean my intake valves.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The first run the car had sat for over 45 minutes and it was 54 degrees out - so do not think heat soak was the issue - it just did not pull at all after the 1000ft mark - but you are right - the next run with almost no rest really bad and the last one was still not as good with about 30 minutes rest - Meth is for sure a good option - I just cannot believe it did not run better - I am totally confused as I am sure most of us are - 60whp and 40wtq should push that car low 13 if not high 12 especially in great air like we had last night - I am going to post some numbers to compare -

·
Banned
249 Posts
Jesus that is confusing to say the least. 2 tenths of a second improvement while they claim like 60+WHP and 40+WTQ on the tune, thats just not right. Thanks for the runs though, I was waiting to see what you ran before I bought the LMS tune, 600 dollars for .2 tenths of a second is definitely not worth it.
It took them a while to dial the 2.7 in on the Edge also. Give it time, patience is key. eventually they got it up 110hp/tq at the wheels, doubt the fusion will see those gains though.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
It took them a while to dial the 2.7 in on the Edge also. Give it time, patience is key. eventually they got it up 110hp/tq at the wheels, doubt the fusion will see those gains though.
Why is that? They already have gains pushing 100hp/tq around 5500 rpm.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I hate to tell you guys but when I asked for some more, they told me that was it. That may or may not be true.
So what is stage 3 gonna be then???

1 - 20 of 37 Posts