Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
馃hunts?? Nah...I prefer to spend my Easter weekend getting in these passes down the dragstrip 馃挩馃挩

Let me put a few things out there 1st because I know some of the normal questions that are asked...
1. This a 1/8mile track..so sorry for those of you looking for 1/4mile times...but calculators show these would be 12.5-12.6 1/4mile runs
2. Temp was 67掳-71掳 DA was 1000-1200 while there (TNT was from 12p-4p)
3. My IAT2 were around 116掳-120掳 prior to launch (busy stageing lanes)
4. This was on 93tune / mods that matter: FMIC, CAI, Full Exhaust, VBM, RMM, 93TUNE
5. This was with FULL interior - spare tire & all

WITH ALL THE NORMAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED NOW THE TIMES:
4 TOTAL RUNS

The only thing I did between runs that changed was front Tire Pressure - First 2 runs were at 40psi - Final 2 were 38psi

Also to note only thing I've done performance wise since I went to track last was the Exhaust & comparing past numbers to now - the exhaust seems to have cut down 1/10 on my consistent runs...prior I was consistent 8.2's now consistent 8.1s & it was hotter - I ran 8.2s in winter weather with 40掳-50掳 temps & negative DAs

Registered
That鈥檚 a nice day, 鈥榋illa!
I think the 鈥渙range truck鈥 looks a lot like a Ford Courier/Mazda B...
If that鈥檚 true, that guy has certainly chosen the rocky path to go down as far as chassis are concerned!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nice times @JRocZilla2.7 ! That looks like a lot of fun!!!

What happened to "Orange Truck" though? Did it blow up on the line or something? ;)
Nope, it just took an L 馃榿 I thought for sure though when we staged next to each other he was going to be something serious...he had some sort of 2010 Slant 6 Champion sticker on his driver window...his exhaust was obviously louder than mine, so I thought welp lets get it, I'll see how the FFS does & the video speaks for itself 馃挩

Registered
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That鈥檚 a nice day, 鈥榋illa!
I think the 鈥渙range truck鈥 looks a lot like a Ford Courier/Mazda B...
If that鈥檚 true, that guy has certainly chosen the rocky path to go down as far as chassis are concerned!
It was definitely a Dodge/Chrysler truck...but outside of that I don't know the model or chasis - it apparently runs a Slant 6 because it had a 2010 Slant 6 Championship sticker on drivers window

Edit: Quick Google search shows that it's an 1981 Dodge Ram 50

Registered
Good 60' times. I'd say you'd be running 12.5 in the 1/4.

My first tune-only (no mods at all, just a tune) run 3 years ago was 1/8ET 8.2 @ 85 and 1/4ET 12.7 @ 108 - this was before half the important parameters were available in HPTuners so nothing was shifting right. I was losing time waiting for it to shift properly.

As a comparison my SHO tune-only was 12.4 @ 111 mph back-to-back all day long. She was a beast!

Premium Member
My trip to the track last friday netted me a best 8.49 at 81 on my 93 tune. DA was ~1600 and I cooled it down enough to get around 90掳 iat2. My tuner seemed to think this one should be about it when he sent it. It's seems I'm a couple tenths behind the curve if you were running 8.2 @ 85.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts