3.0T MKZ up for Salvage: Possible Swap Projects? - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
3.0T MKZ up for Salvage: Possible Swap Projects?

Hi Fusion Sport owners:

Not selling anything myself directly, but I wanted to point out my former 3.0T AWD MKZ has many salvage parts available found. Someone might be interested in this someday, and so I leave a bit of information here.

Being enthusiasts, someone might be interested in finding parts at a lower cost that were otherwise in great condition when they were working. 25k miles was on the vehicle before its demise.

What happened? Well, I was a victim of a hit and run back in July. The perpetrator has been caught and jailed though, and I was otherwise just fine with not even major whiplash. But my beloved MKZ was destroyed.

More info and even pictures/dash cam videos can be seen here: https://lincolnmkzforum.com/topic/37...f-my-2017-mkz/

So my engine core along with parts are being sold individually now. Also things like the Instrument cluster since I know Fusion Sports like MKZ clusters, which are available. Even a full Sync 3 module too. It was a Black Label with the Vineyard interior which could be interesting if someone actually wanted to buy out the entire interior (I kept it clean and polished well).

This is a chance for a "engine swap" project if you're serious about a Fusion Sport hiding some MKZ power under the hood (and even could go along with getting Dynamic Torque Vectoring added by getting the units and ECMs). As the former owner, I did have the Livernois tune applied, and the engine did get the Cylinder Head fix done which it honestly, became more powerful that I ended up getting my first speeding ticket ever...hah!

It was around April did my engine get its work done, which you can see some pictures of the 3.0 there: https://lincolnmkzforum.com/topic/35...e-disassembly/

Well just wanted to put that out there since maybe some gutsy Fusion Sport owner whose been dreaming of a 3.0 swap project, since there is ONE out there that was a fully loaded MKZ. As the 3.0 Engine does focus more on Horsepower than Torque compared to the 2.7L in the Fusion Sport, so its a tough unit. Below is some information on its location:

A Plus Auto LLC | Nicholasville, KY (click for website and to part search, also on eBay)
VIN is: 3LN6L5HC5HR611338

2125 Catnip Hill Road Nicholasville, KY 40356.

Good luck to you all!

P.S. I do still have some unused Summer Tires and even Winter Tires that would all fit a Fusion Sport perfectly. Including 2015 Black Label Lincoln wheels that were coated in PVD Onyx Chrome and look real sharp.

Last edited by Venix; 11-25-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page