Driver Seat Bolster Peeling - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Driver Seat Bolster Peeling

Just noticed this yesterday, had the car for a little over a year now. Have no clue what could have caused this? And as you can see from the picture i don't actually rub against that part of the seat when i'm driving. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0807191821_HDR.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	24715  

2018 - Lightning Blue - 401a, Sunroof, Driver Assist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 10:23 AM

Garage
Constant ingress and egress. Those type of side bolsters are great for road racing, not so useful on the street. When the dealer was selling Boss 302's with the Recaros, the side bolsters were totally worn out just from people getting in and out of the seat inside the showroom.

* 2017 Fusion Sport, 12.7 @ 108 mph tune-only (early tune of mine, bad trans settings), full trunk w/ lunch, and dirty paper air filter
* 2014 SHO non-PP, 12.4 @ 111 mph tune-only, all day long with dirty paper air filter and worn out 30k RS-As
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

So most likely it's my belt rubbing against it when getting in and out of the car. I assume the dealership won't do anything for me since it's my own wear and tear right? I'm just worried it's going to get a lot worse since its only been 1 year

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrazorbladex View Post
So most likely it's my belt rubbing against it when getting in and out of the car. I assume the dealership won't do anything for me since it's my own wear and tear right? I'm just worried it's going to get a lot worse since its only been 1 year
If it makes you feel better mine is a 2017 with 26k miles, Ive owned if for about as long and it looks about as bad as yours... I think it just wears the top down and then nothing much else gets worn down.

If that makes sense.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 04:22 PM

Garage
I've read here in the past some have have their seat upholstery replaced under warranty for this this problem. Worth a try...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017 FFS Platinum White / 401A, GFB DV+, Stainless steel sill plates, 20% HP Tint, Gloss black vinyl chrome delete, roof, spoiler, side mirrors and front & rear emblems
2010 Camaro 2SS LS3 / Trifecta Tuned, BBK CAI, FlowMaster American Thunder cat back
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdot42 View Post
If it makes you feel better mine is a 2017 with 26k miles, Ive owned if for about as long and it looks about as bad as yours... I think it just wears the top down and then nothing much else gets worn down.

If that makes sense.
I do know what you mean actually, because the top coat is almost has a plastic feel on that spot. So maybe it won't get any worse. If i do notice getting worse i may talk to the dealer about it

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Just noticed this yesterday, had the car for a little over a year now. Have no clue what could have caused this? And as you can see from the picture i don't actually rub against that part of the seat when i'm driving. Any ideas?
Quote:
Quote:
I do know what you mean actually, because the top coat is almost has a plastic feel on that spot. So maybe it won't get any worse. If i do notice getting worse i may talk to the dealer about it

Hi xrazor. Do not assume the Dealer will do nothing. Normal wear and tear should not cause that sort of issue in a year. The leather/treatment was probably defective. Make a service appointment, take the car in and have it looked at. It should be replaced under warranty.

Concerning whether it will get worse: Yes, once the top clear protective micro-coating has worn away, it will definitely get worse over time. So have it looked at for warranty replacement.

And that advice goes for everyone, whenever we have an issue with our cars, while still under Warranty. We paid for the car, and the Warranty is part of the contract. If there is an issue, make an appointment and bring it in. Short of abuse or negligence, most warranty issues are usually covered.

The worst that can happen is the Dealer denies Warranty coverage. If that happens, we can ask for a justification as to why it was denied and contact Ford if necessary.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited by bbf2530; 08-09-2019 at 12:04 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
This is a warrantable condition. Take the car to your dealership and they will be able to replace the seat cover for it. I would check all the seat covers to make sure that none of them are exhibiting a similar wear pattern. If your dealership says that its not warrantable, insist that they review the Seat Cover Warranty Coverage Information GSB (18-7042) and to submit it for approval.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the feedback, I will bring to the dealership to see what they can do for me.

Is it easier to bring the car back to the dealership i purchased it from or any Ford dealership could warranty it for me? (i also know that some dealerships might be more friendly than others)

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback, I will bring to the dealership to see what they can do for me.

Is it easier to bring the car back to the dealership i purchased it from or any Ford dealership could warranty it for me? (i also know that some dealerships might be more friendly than others)

Hi xrazor. Well, technically and according to our New Car Warranty, you can bring the car back to any Ford Dealer.

Did you purchase the car new? In some cases, the Dealer you purchased the vehicle from may be more motivated to keep you happy, so it is usually best to bring it back to the Dealer where you purchased, if possible.

If not possible, or difficult, then take it to any Ford Dealer you wish. As you stated, it can all depend on the Dealership. Some Dealerships (i.e. their Service Personnel) are very friendly and welcome warranty work. Others get grouchy, even if you purchased the car there.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page