Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

Escape Rims

27K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Wojtas 
#1 ·
Finally got rid of the factory Sport rims that looked like they came off a Honda.

After 1 1/2 years of searching, I found a take-off set of '17 Escape Appearance Package rims for a decent price, including nearly new tires (not much wear at all, 10/32 of tread), and TMPS (which don't read actual tire pressure), and center caps. But, not a single scratch on them.

Since I am using the Escape sized tires (235/45/19), I did have to reprogram the tire size in the BCM. That was only another 3 minutes, tho.

See less See more
#5 ·
Look good. I sold my stock wheels. ST’s for winter and Team Dynamics for summer.

#9 ·
My wife recently got an '18 Escape SEL that the dealer had switched a set of SE Appearance Package wheels onto before she bought it. Somebody who was buying an SE didn't like them so the dealer told her that she got a "free upgrade". They are nice looking wheels. I had no idea they would fit the Fusion.

#10 ·
I'm guessing these rims will also be a fit for the stock 235/40 19 tires?

#11 ·
What do you mean? That the stock tires will fit on the rims? Yes, of course. The rims themselves are the same size as the stock ones.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Thanks. I'm a tire dummy. : )

#14 ·
#15 ·
One of the guys over at 2GFusions got rims from them, said they're OK but kind-of sketchy in some ways.

They often list things they don't yet have and they'll refinish them once someone puts in the order - may be why there's no pictures. Regardless, they are pretty expensive considering nearly everything they have is reconditioned. They have the Escape rims I got (I spent $500 less than their price), and mine are OEM and not re-finished.

Also, the PDV Chrome wheels require special care if you're really interested. If you use any standard wheel cleaner you'll ruin them. They recommend you wax them frequently, and since they're clear-coated they do scratch easier.

#16 ·
And this is why I joined this forum. Good information to keep me from doing something stupid. : )

Reactions: DaMiFo
#18 ·
Before I reprogrammed the speedometer / tire size I was actually about 3MPH off at highway speeds, which annoyed me. Lol. But fitment-wise, yeah they're close enough. They fill the wheel well gap a little nicer, but are noticeably softer when cornering. After these are bald I'm going to run the MKZ size. We did that on our '14 Fusion before we traded it and the speedo wasn't noticeably off with those.

#19 ·
Sorta off topic but how did you mount your front plate? It looks like it's not attached to the bumper.

#21 ·
Correct, I didn't let them prep my car when it was delivered, so no holes drilled. :)

I just got some metal and a couple nuts & bolts from Home Depot, bolted two pieces around the radiator mount behind the bumper, then bolted another bent piece from the little mount I made to this license plate bracket I got, through the lower grille. If I do a photo shoot of my Sport I just unbolt it.

Cost me $16 total, and it covers the off-center ACC spot (which I don't have). Behind may not look the best but I don't care, I never see it.

Reactions: BlueSport
#26 ·
I went without a plate for 8 months, but I go up to Massachusetts often, and the MA staties like pulling over out of state driver in the Mass Pike. I don't want to risk it. Never any issues with CT tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.