Limp mode and/or Car Stalls w/Full Accessory Mode - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Limp mode and/or Car Stalls w/Full Accessory Mode

It was not a fun experience. Turned left onto 55mph road. Easy acceleration and then it shifted into 2nd and I gave it moderate throttle . The car went limp mode. Had no acceleration power. I had safe distance between me and the cars behind me and was able to get it to the side of the road. Turned the car off and restarted absolutely no issues. I drove it around trying to replicate it and could not. Overboost?

I'm going to check for codes when I get home.

Car is bone stock. 1400 miles. 8/16 build date.

Coming from a drive it off the lot never had an issue 2012 sport to this makes me think I should have skipped the first model year jitters.
V8FlatHead likes this.

17 Magnetic Fusion Sport
16 Shadow Black Edge Sport
01 SVT Cobra VMP TVS 702whp 690wtq

Last edited by Oreo; 08-03-2018 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Merged two threads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveE View Post
I had it once with the SHO. At the track. I hit second and it pooped. Very embarrassing. Never happened again.
Drove it around the rest of the day today and no issues. Scanner is in my cobra so I'll get to seeing if it left a code behind.

Hopefully like you said one of those isolated things.
1153 likes this.

17 Magnetic Fusion Sport
post #3 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 08:17 AM

This has happened to me 2x both in similar situations.

Instance 1: about 800 miles on car, had to accelerate normally then slow down then was waved on by a bus on a tight street and had to accelerate quickly...hit the gas and the car just sputtered until I could limo into a gas station.

Instance 2: about 3000 miles on car, pulled to a toll plaza that broke and the MTA worker told me to back up which I did. Then he changed his mind, yelled for me, and waved me forward. I went from drive to a stop, to reverse and back to drive quickly. As I went through the toll (middle lane), I tried to accelerate and it was in limp mode. I limped to side of bridge almost getting killed by several trucks and SUVs. I called ford and they told me to drop it off but they have no loaners.

I was lucky in both instances (bus was patient, and I was just lucky on the bridge).

Ford seemed surprised and really could care less. Plan to drop the car next week.
V8FlatHead likes this.

post #4 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 09:18 AM

Garage
Disappointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franti View Post
This has happened to me 2x both in similar situations.

Instance 1: about 800 miles on car, had to accelerate normally then slow down then was waved on by a bus on a tight street and had to accelerate quickly...hit the gas and the car just sputtered until I could limo into a gas station.

Instance 2: about 3000 miles on car, pulled to a toll plaza that broke and the MTA worker told me to back up which I did. Then he changed his mind, yelled for me, and waved me forward. I went from drive to a stop, to reverse and back to drive quickly. As I went through the toll (middle lane), I tried to accelerate and it was in limp mode. I limped to side of bridge almost getting killed by several trucks and SUVs. I called ford and they told me to drop it off but they have no loaners.

I was lucky in both instances (bus was patient, and I was just lucky on the bridge).

Ford seemed surprised and really could care less. Plan to drop the car next week.

This is definitely disappointing. I suppose if you go to the forum of any vehicle, you'll find similar issues, but the battery issue, and now this limp mode issue, which seems to be happening for no good reason is making me wait it out before I purchase this car.
uncletatty and V8FlatHead like this.
post #5 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 11:01 AM

Garage
Throttle body

Unleashed Tuned: 91 Octane V5
K&N Filter
post #6 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 11:14 AM

Garage
Limp mode is usually a result of a misfire being detected thus one cylinder going under limp mode.
post #7 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

As a follow up I checked it for codes. Nothing there.
1153 likes this.

17 Magnetic Fusion Sport
post #8 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 05:45 PM

Garage
Like Gzsport said. Throttle body. Cars run off electrical throttle did away with cables to throttle body some time ago. If I power what so ever either that or car stalled or lost spark. Really doubt that though.
post #9 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 06:05 PM

Garage
I don't see how it could be the TB causing limp mode. My mustang had gone into limp mode, loss of power with flashing check engine light and within a few seconds it was back to normal. Its related to P03xx code and the crank position sensor.
post #10 of 175 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 10:56 AM

I'm going out on a limb and saying that the limp mode cars were running 87 octane.

Active: 17' Fusion Sport - Lightening Blue Metallic |Custom Exhaust.
Active: 17' Fiesta ST. Bone stock for now.
Active: 16 Focus. (It's my TURO car)
Active: 2000 Camaro SS. Intake/exhaust.
Retired: 14' Silverado 4x4 leveling kit. Straight piped
Retired: 05' C6 Corvette SLP 465 Pkg
Retired: 00' Z28. SLP lid and flowmaster 40
Retired: 02' Wrx 4D. Cobb Stg 2
Retired: 91 Non-Turbo Rx-7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page