Bunch of codes on start up - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By bbf2530
  • 1 Post By WhiteGhost

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Twice I have had a bunch of codes come up when I started my car both times there was a lot of morning dew on my car.

AWD fault, ABSfault, crash detection fault, fuel pump open circuit fault. And ma few others

Last edited by Sknz5; 08-15-2019 at 09:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sknz5 View Post
Twice I have had a bunch of codes come up when I started my car both times there was a lot of morning dew on my car.

AWD fault, ABSfault, crash detection fault, fuel pump open circuit fault. And ma few others

Hi Sknz. The first thing to look at and have checked in these situations is a failing battery. Is your Fusion still within the 3 year/36,000 mile Bumper to Bumper Warranty? If yes, make an appointment with your Ford Dealer's Service Department and bring it in for proper diagnosis.

The short explanation is that modern cars are heavily computer/electronic and electrically dependent. So a weak/failing battery does not give enough power on startup, causing the diagnostic checks to give false readings. Either way, checking the battery would be the first thing to do. And it needs to be properly load tested. An old fashioned battery test will often show the battery is good, when it is not.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Oreo and AisFbyM like this.

Last edited by bbf2530; 08-16-2019 at 08:53 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 07:13 AM

Ya battery first.
Oreo likes this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:06 PM

I had a bunch of crazy codes on my 2018 sport and it turned out that mice or some kindof rodents had started munching on the wiring harness going across the engine right under the big plastic V6 engine cover. The wiring covers in new cars is made from soy based products to be environmentally friendly but it is a double edged sword because it attracts wildlife. My car had sat for a few weeks while I was on business. About $600 repair.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:16 PM

Garage
I never got any codes when I went through 5 batteries in a course of a few weeks. Could be something wrong with the ECM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 05:58 AM

If you do find rodents have done damage be sure to check with your insurance company because we were surprised to learn that ours covered the repairs. We were glad the dealer service manager asked us if we had filed a claim or we would have never thought about it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page