Transmission Problems - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thumbs down Transmission Problems

So, I am back to having problems with my car. First it the dead battery/ACM issues, then the long block replacement and axle seals and bearing, now I am having transmission issues. I took it to the dealer and I am waiting to hear back as to what the problem is. Funny thing though the dealer wants to charge me $350 to uninstall and reinstall my FMIC and EEP intake and charge pipes because they are not factory parts. Even though I am still under the 36,000 mile warranty. But as to the issue it was having it would red-line in 3rd gear and sometimes I would have to tap the paddles to shift to 4th and then from 4th to 5th it would jolt and slam hard when it shifted. The dealer did say that there is loss of pressure from 4 to 5 but they won't know the cause till they drop the transmission. I am getting real tired of this cars problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 12:50 AM

Tuned?
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yes, Unleashed 93 after new engine and all issues were fixed, so I thought.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhp View Post
So, I am back to having problems with my car. First it the dead battery/ACM issues, then the long block replacement and axle seals and bearing, now I am having transmission issues. I took it to the dealer and I am waiting to hear back as to what the problem is. Funny thing though the dealer wants to charge me $350 to uninstall and reinstall my FMIC and EEP intake and charge pipes because they are not factory parts. Even though I am still under the 36,000 mile warranty. But as to the issue it was having it would red-line in 3rd gear and sometimes I would have to tap the paddles to shift to 4th and then from 4th to 5th it would jolt and slam hard when it shifted. The dealer did say that there is loss of pressure from 4 to 5 but they won't know the cause till they drop the transmission. I am getting real tired of this cars problems.

Hi rob. As far as the Dealer charging you to remove/reinstall non-factory parts during warranty work: Unfortunately yes, that is the way it works. Ford warranties the car as sold, not as modified. So while some Dealers may say nothing and do it as a courtesy (if Ford does not need to inspect the car first), others will not. I am not defending the policy, only explaining it.

And be careful, as the same goes for the tune. If Ford discovers the tune reprogramming, they can and/or will deny the warranty claim in full. Does not matter if the Dealer and their Service Department don't care (although it is already evident yours does care). Ford makes the final decision, and they, like all manufacturers, are usually strict when it comes to this. They warranty our cars as they sold them to us. And modifications like tunes, FMIC's etc, break that warranty contract concerning problems repairs which can be connected to them, even if only remotely connected.

Again, not defending the policy, just giving Fusion Sport Forum members a heads up as to what can happen.

I hope things work out for you. Good luck.

Last edited by bbf2530; 08-02-2019 at 12:19 PM.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So update: Got off the phone with the dealership. My 2017 FFS is getting a upgraded transmission. From what I was told by my service rep is that Ford came out with all new upgraded internals at some point from (build 2016) to now. He said the transmission will be more reliable and handle more power (!?!?!?!?). They are just waiting on parts from Ford. Just sucks that its taking over 2.5 weeks to get this far with no car. I have 2 new goodies to install on it just sitting in my garage. A new Borla exhaust and BBK TB.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 02:24 PM

Garage
Do you have the part # for the new transmission?

* 2017 Fusion Sport, 12.7 @ 108 mph tune-only (early tune of mine, bad trans settings), full trunk w/ lunch, and dirty paper air filter
* 2014 SHO non-PP, 12.4 @ 111 mph tune-only, all day long with dirty paper air filter and worn out 30k RS-As
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
Do you have the part # for the new transmission?

No. All my service rep said is its getting new internals. I will have to wait and see what is on the service report when I get my car back.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 07:04 PM

Garage
Sounds like the service advisor didn't know all Fusion Sports used the 6F55. The only transmission for all 3 model year Sports appears to be G3GZ-7000-B.

Part: Trans-axle
Other Names: Automatic Transmission Assembly
Description: Continental. Fusion. Awd. 2.7l.
Usages: 05/30/2016, Fusion, 6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F55
ArthurUSCG likes this.

'17 Fusion Sport, Magnetic 401A
(MKZ Cluster / TTR Garrett FMIC / Titanium Tail Lights / Black 10-spoke Escape rims / 5Hundred Painted Badges / Edge Antenna / Mondeo Door Sills / Redline Tuning Hood Struts / Ceramic Tints)
'14 Edge Sport AWD (Daily)
Previous: '10 Focus SES (Totaled, because people text and drive)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DaMiFo; 08-14-2019 at 07:07 PM.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
yeah maybe, but all he said was the internals were all redesigned and upgraded. Maybe since I was a 2016 build my transmission was still using older parts that are not in use with all the others. I did have the long block replaced and axles in the front. Along with the problematic ACM that kept killing batteries. Just maybe my car got the short straw with all the wrong/defective parts. Also just because the Trans has a part number doesn't mean anything. The trans parts will also have different numbers per part that will make up the whole trans.

Last edited by robhp; 08-14-2019 at 07:19 PM.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 08:01 PM

Garage
That's what the 6F55 is - stronger internals compared to the standard 6F35.

And yes while internal parts can be slight revisions or suppler changes, if they changed it to have "all redesigned and upgraded" internals they'd 100% have another revision/part number on the assembly with a range of use and a superseding part number. You should see the amount of part number revisions on the Focus's DSP6 transmission, which never got all redesigned, just new clutches and a TCM.

My bet is he still had no idea we had the 6F55 to begin with - most people even at Ford dealers don't know much about the Sport's differences.
ArthurUSCG likes this.

'17 Fusion Sport, Magnetic 401A
(MKZ Cluster / TTR Garrett FMIC / Titanium Tail Lights / Black 10-spoke Escape rims / 5Hundred Painted Badges / Edge Antenna / Mondeo Door Sills / Redline Tuning Hood Struts / Ceramic Tints)
'14 Edge Sport AWD (Daily)
Previous: '10 Focus SES (Totaled, because people text and drive)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page