Drove a Kia Stinger GT today - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By dtd
  • 2 Post By Flew
  • 1 Post By Just Bob

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Drove a Kia Stinger GT today

Well I am little tiny bit impressed. Definitely faster and much better transmission. Faster is relative, seat of my pants opinion. The transmission is orders of magnitude better, faster and smoother. I would own one but it is way over priced.

I drove a base model AWD GT, no options at all. Only thing it had was heated seats and sticker of 42,700$... whoa! I think the dealer adds nearly nearly a grand for tint oil changes and more bs. My Fusion with pearl white paint, nav, sunroof and heated/cooled seats stickered at 39,360$. Close to 50k for a similarly equipped kia.

Would I drive one daily, absolutely but not for 25-27 grand difference (my car today) to get it optioned close. I think they are over priced. Could get about 5 grand off but still doesnít seem like any thing near a deal especially considering I got 9,840$ off the Ford. Oh well solved that curiosity.

Livin the dream!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 08:48 PM
dtd

Sleeper6,

Yes the Stingers are overpriced. Not many on the road and not many on my local dealer lots. I do not see any decent discounts being given on them. I have not driven one but most reviews I have read the reviewer likes the Stingers for being fast but not exactly polished they mention pretty much tire noise. Maybe most of you don't mind the tire noise but after a while it starts to get old. You are right about the 50K that is about what they cost to be optioned nicely. Even the little 2.0 can cost $38,000 depending on how it is optioned and it is much slower that the Sport.
Sleeper6 likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtd View Post
Sleeper6,

Yes the Stingers are overpriced. Not many on the road and not many on my local dealer lots. I do not see any decent discounts being given on them. I have not driven one but most reviews I have read the reviewer likes the Stingers for being fast but not exactly polished they mention pretty much tire noise. Maybe most of you don't mind the tire noise but after a while it starts to get old. You are right about the 50K that is about what they cost to be optioned nicely. Even the little 2.0 can cost $38,000 depending on how it is optioned and it is much slower that the Sport.
Ran a tuned Stinger GT AWD last night with 100.4 temp with humidity. Had him by 5 cars twice. He left the track
without a word. Everybody was off about 5/10s but I had very little heat soak and ran 13.10 to 13.3 all night with slow 104.5 mph. I really enjoy my sleeper.
Fozzy and AisFbyM like this.

2017 Fusion Sport, Shadow Black, All options, factory 3M, 3M CM30 Tint, Steeda FSB/RSB/STB/hood release/jacking rails and hood strut kit, 170 Stat,VelossaTech Big Mouth, Unleashed 94P Tune V5,GFB DV+ T9358 , Darkstar's RMM, JLT catch can, CP-e FMIC , Flowmaster 17226 Axle Back, Level 3 taillights. Amsoil Fluids

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 11:51 AM

Nice kills!
Flew likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flew View Post
Ran a tuned Stinger GT AWD last night with 100.4 temp with humidity. Had him by 5 cars twice. He left the track

without a word. Everybody was off about 5/10s but I had very little heat soak and ran 13.10 to 13.3 all night with slow 104.5 mph. I really enjoy my sleeper.

Wow. I pretty sure the one I drove would be supper close, I am tuned with an intercooler. I say that because test drove it on my daily roads. It was stout, more than I expected

Livin the dream!

Last edited by Sleeper6; 07-06-2019 at 07:57 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 05:56 PM
OX1

Supposedly AWD GT, not the worst price in the world.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1 View Post

Not hateful but comparable options to my sport would be a GT1 with AWD ~48k MSRP ... donít think is is 9 grand nicer/faster. Donít get me wrong, I like it and would rock one in a heart beat but the $ seems just too much. $ seems like stepping up to different class car but I donít think it is there.

Livin the dream!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1 View Post

Not hateful but comparable options to my sport would be a GT1 with AWD ~48k MSRP ... don’t think is is 9 grand nicer/faster. Don’t get me wrong, I like it and would rock one in a heart beat but the $ seems just too much. $ seems like stepping up to different class car but I don’t think it is there.
Real world pricing is more of a difference. Before I bought my Fusion I want to test drive the Stinger. Sat in it, didn't even start it, thanked the sales guy and left. Was not worth the extra $13k in real world pricing.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 07:02 AM
OX1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper6 View Post
Not hateful but comparable options to my sport would be a GT1 with AWD ~48k MSRP ... donít think is is 9 grand nicer/faster. Donít get me wrong, I like it and would rock one in a heart beat but the $ seems just too much. $ seems like stepping up to different class car but I donít think it is there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2881 View Post
Real world pricing is more of a difference. Before I bought my Fusion I want to test drive the Stinger. Sat in it, didn't even start it, thanked the sales guy and left. Was not worth the extra $13k in real world pricing.
I think the Stinger has too much crap tacked onto it and the front end looks horrible.
But if you want tune only Sport perf (one I drove was no faster than that)
with no questions asked warantee, only other car that comes close.

That said, a coworker tried to lease one and the local dealer was a total dick about
giving him a good lease deal AND finding the car he wanted (all he wanted was not red
and summer tires). He ended up getting $100K Escalade, so it was way more a value thing
for him than the $'s (and just last week he got 09 Z06 for 30K$, so really has the best
of both worlds).....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page