Kia Stinger GT - Page 2 - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 114Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 04:40 PM

Garage
It certainly is the nicest looking, most aggressive Kia yet. However, it likely will be more expensive if AWD GT form that most would prefer/expect. In addition to that, as much as I'm still getting used to the rotary shifter in the FS, I'd prefer it to the electronic unit that looks like a copy of what Audi is perpetuating. And don't get me started on the 'we just glued an iPad to the dash' infotainment unit...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 06:24 PM

Let's play a game. Assuming (guessing) the same MSRP, would you rather pay that money for a Ford, or a Kia?

My car history:
Current: '17 White Ford Fusion Sport | '14 Silver Ford Focus ST | '12 Black Ford Escape | '10 Black Ford Fusion Sport | '08 Olive Green Mazda6 (mine)/'08 Red Ford Mustang GT Convertible (dad's) | '06 Black Ford Escape | '04 Blue Ford Ranger Edge
post #13 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 06:37 PM

Much ado about nothing. Remember the Genesis was supposed to compete with the Mustang? The automotive press loves to play up the Kia's but nobody ever buys them. Remember the K900? Kia slices K900 pricing amidst slow sales - Autoblog....

It's nice looking but I suspect the FS will sell way more units, and be a better car than the Stinger.

post #14 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubie7006 View Post
Let's play a game. Assuming (guessing) the same MSRP, would you rather pay that money for a Ford, or a Kia?
Need the other stats as well to go along with this, but the factory 10 year 100K mile warranty would be pretty sweet, and depending on how I liked the feel of the car, and other things, it would all depend too much. But if you are saying everything is extremely similar in all ways, for the warranty I would have to really think about it.
post #15 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 07:16 PM

Honestly thats a **** nice looking Kia. Im glad this car is coming out, more competition in the FS market means better cars all around. I also think its awesome to see Kia going from basic crap econoboxes that you barely considered a car to something of this level.
post #16 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 07:20 PM

Garage
Yes its a kia, but it is a sexy looking car. I read about it a few months ago and ive been waiting for the Detroit show for the reveal. This will be on my radar once I get into the car shopping haggling mood.
One thing about kia is the resale value takes a big hit so a used one might be the route to go if the sticker is above 40K.
post #17 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 07:38 PM

For the record, I'm really intrigued by it and can't wait to see it at NAIAS. But if it's basically the same car as the FuSpo in most ways, especially price, I'm sticking with the Ford.

My car history:
Current: '17 White Ford Fusion Sport | '14 Silver Ford Focus ST | '12 Black Ford Escape | '10 Black Ford Fusion Sport | '08 Olive Green Mazda6 (mine)/'08 Red Ford Mustang GT Convertible (dad's) | '06 Black Ford Escape | '04 Blue Ford Ranger Edge
post #18 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 07:38 PM

I had 2 sonata turbos prior to the Fusion sport and there is a huge difference in build quality. I wouldn't go back to Hyundai or Kia on that note. Cool car though don't like the giant screen that sticks up in the interior.

2017 Fusion Sport - Shadow Black - 401a , sunroof, heated/cooled seats - Unleashed 93 octane tune, AFE dry filter, BOV adapter
post #19 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 07:51 PM

Garage
Read that it also has dynamic torque vectoring in AWD.
post #20 of 255 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 08:16 PM

This car looks AWESOME on the outside and what's under the hood sure sounds impressive, but I think the Fusion has a much better interior.
From what I read on other sites at lunchtime today it will probably be 50K+ when equipped with the big motor and AWD.
Is this the KIA version of the upcoming Genesis G70?
With the lower roofline and overall lower stance it will probably handle better then the FS.
The FS takes off like a SCARED CAT when you stomp on it, but it handles like a FAT 4000 pound PIG.

Shawn S

2017 Ford Fusion Sport - Ruby Red
2006 Z51 Corvette - LeMans Blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page