Wrx - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shawnski

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
OX1

Wrx

See em all over the place lately. Anyone run one??

Last edited by OX1; 08-07-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 05:44 PM

Nope. But specs say 5.7 0-60 and 14.1- 1/4mi. Skid pad testing for it is way better than ours, so straight only.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:11 PM

Actually, repeated roastings by tuned Subies was what caused me to tune and mod my FuSport. My sales territory is mostly in the Allegheny and Appalachia ranges which must be the natural habitat of built Subarus. They’re everywhere out there. Now they get a rude wakening when they mess with me!!
Fozzy likes this.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 10:04 PM

Garage
Are you talking about current-gen WRX's? My buddy just got rid of his '17, and stock for stock, my Fusion was faster (nothing crazy, but I'd pull away at every speed). He got a Stage 1 COBB tune, and that only evened things out as I stayed stock. Top end (above 60-ish), I'd start pulling away even with his tune, tho.

On track, he was much quicker on turn-in in corners (not surising), but on longer or faster corners where we were on the gas, he slowed down and started understeering a little - still faster than me but again it evened things out.

'17 Fusion Sport, Magnetic 401A
(MKZ Cluster / TTR Garrett FMIC / Titanium Tail Lights / Black 10-spoke Escape rims / 5Hundred Painted Badges / Edge Antenna / Mondeo Door Sills / Redline Tuning Hood Struts / Ceramic Tints)
'14 Edge Sport AWD (Daily)
Previous: '10 Focus SES (Totaled, because people text and drive)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 02:07 AM

Garage
@Pkolby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BDX Unleashed REV-X Custom Tune
5HUNDREDdesigns grill and emblems/Custom Performance Engineering Intercooler
EcoPowerParts Charge-Intake pipes/Velossa Tech BM/Gloss black vinyl roof
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3/firestone firehawk indy 500
H&R lowering springs/CPe RMM/GFB diverter/daytime britelites puddle lights/Savanini Paddle Shifter Extensions

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMiFo View Post
Are you talking about current-gen WRX's?
They only increased HP by five on the latest version. Ours are still faster on paper.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 11:11 AM

Garage
theres one parked at h.b. Wilkinson i always see but i never see it out driving around.. license plate is WOT TBE so if i ever see them its gonna be a mission to get up next to them and see what its got. other than that i dont see very many where i am
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:13 PM

Every WRX I've raced I've won. Breaking hearts out there.

2018 Fusion Sport | 401A | Moonroof | Cooled Seats | Nav | Driver Assist Package

Perfomance Mod's: LMS93V6 Tune *retired* | Unleashed E30 Custom Tune | Snow Performance Stage 2 Methanol Injection Kit | Ultimate Performance 3" Catted Downpipes | Ultimate Performance Garrett Core Front Mount Intercooler | Ultimate Performance Rear Motor Mount | Steeda CAI (w/custom plexiglass top) | GFB DV+ T9358

Aesthetic Mod's: Tint

Best 1/4 Mile:
12.611 @ 110.89
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
OX1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2881 View Post
Nope. But specs say 5.7 0-60 and 14.1- 1/4mi. Skid pad testing for it is way better than ours, so straight only.
Wonder why so slow. Specs and weight are pretty close to my 03 EVO.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/mits...r-evolution-3/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitFS View Post
Every WRX I've raced I've won. Breaking hearts out there.
Sounds like the latest one's are actually slower than the last version (after digging up some road tests)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 10:20 PM

The Subies I was challenged by were older, smaller WRXs, a first-gen Forester, even a slammed older Outback. I don’t follow them so I don’t know exactly what model years but they were all much smaller versions of what they are today. Evidently, they knew what a Fusion Sport was because they picked on me. When I was bone stock running 93 octane fuel in sport mode, I could barely hang with them and got completely dusted by the Forester; that was the one that broke the camels back for me. My car was fresh, 10-12k on its first motor. Now with tune & mods it’s a totally different story. I’d still be nervous to run that Forester again though. Your experience may vary, but these mountain boys know how to build their Subarus.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page