MT Test 2018 Ecoboost Mustang 10 spd; Quick As FS - Page 2 - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 12:32 AM

Depends on which version of the stock ecu showed up at the drag strip. In stock form these things are either pulling all kinds of timing or giving you everything.

17 Magnetic Fusion Sport
16 Shadow Black Edge Sport
01 SVT Cobra VMP TVS 702whp 690wtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 08:44 AM
OX1

Pretty nice package to get into for cheap.
Just get the base with 10A and you could
get low to mid 20's I bet.

That said, probaly rains (or snows) about 30%
of the time here. No FWD/RWD is going to be able
pull out in fast traffic (even roads marked 50, but
eveyrone doing 60) like an AWD. And at today's power
levels of many cars, even dry pavement is a crap shoot
for a lot of non AWD's.

Will never get anything but an AWD DD again, unless
I move to some super dry state.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
500 lbs lighter and a 10 speed tranny. Makes sense, but most of us are buying these cars cause they are 4 door family cars.
I got it because it snows where I live and wanted a hi-perf AWD vehicle.

Previously had an SHO, but it was too big for my needs (ran 13.79 bone stock with it).

My S550 Mustang GT was great looking and fun, but didn't want to bother with a Winter car so FS it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert View Post
Yeah, another misleading test results..
Yeah, sure.

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorgonFusionSport17 View Post
The fusion sport is still the best and most set on sleeping money can buy fact... for $30K its a better value that everything. and it looks great ...
Got mine new for $26.9k, incredible value for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
... Will never get anything but an AWD DD again, unless I move to some super dry state.
Yup.

I drove most of my Mustang GT's through the Winter, but it's certainly not the best option.

2019 Kia Stinger GT AWD
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
2016 Mustang GT
2014 Taurus SHO

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Guy View Post

I drove most of my Mustang GT's through the Winter, but it's certainly not the best option.
Drove my '08 Shelby CS8 from Vegas to St. George in winter. Had 275 Nitto NT-05's on the car. Going through Cedar City on I15, I did a slow motion 720 spin without hitting anything (I've got lots of track time). Managed to get off the highway and stayed in a hotel over night. Never drove that car to Utah again.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8acobra View Post
Drove my '08 Shelby CS8 from Vegas to St. George in winter. Had 275 Nitto NT-05's on the car. Going through Cedar City on I15, I did a slow motion 720 spin without hitting anything (I've got lots of track time). Managed to get off the highway and stayed in a hotel over night. Never drove that car to Utah again.
Whoa, can't believe you did that on those tires!

Way back when, I remembered picking up a date from a nearby town.

I went there in Winter with my used 1969 Mach 1 390 S Code ... on Parnelli Jones tires! (whatever they are, lol)

Drove all over, brought her home, then drove home. To this day, I don't know how I did it.

2019 Kia Stinger GT AWD
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
2016 Mustang GT
2014 Taurus SHO
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 09:47 PM

Sorry, if I'm going to have a Mustang sitting in my driveway, it's gotta have a V8, end of story...
Vert, Airwelldone and BlueTxSport like this.

Robert
2017 Ruby Red, Flowmaster Super 44 resonator, axle-back with dual round Magnaflows, cross-drilled rotors, Unleashed Tuning 93 octane flash, Ultimate Performance FMIC, graphics kit, 20x8.5s with 255/35s, Steeda front STB / rear sway bar, GFB DV+, "chair foot" VTA mod, caliper covers / (traded in on a 2018 F150 XLT FX4 2.7 Ecoboost)
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal1200r View Post
Sorry, if I'm going to have a Mustang sitting in my driveway, it's gotta have a V8, end of story...
Exactly why I didn't buy it. I've had 3 Mustangs; '90 Fox body, '03 Mach 1 and an '08 California Special... all V8's. When I drove the EB Mustang, it was quick, and the stick with RWD would have been much more fun than the FS. I just couldn't wrap my head around not hearing that burbling exhaust note on decel as I rev matched my downshifts. I just couldn't do it.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 10:15 PM

The mustang is not the competition. Mid sized 4dr sedans would be the competition. Plus the 2.3 has been blowing head gaskets in the rs by 20k. With the head off you can see there is very little cylinder wall to create a seal. Poor design they are trying to save with a new gasket. I could have gotten an rs at invoice since the dealership I was at had 8 or 9 2017s. One had a hold ticket on it for 3 weeks. I paid 29 for a 2018 FS that was still in transit from the factory so a great value indeed. I only got one because of the incentives and lagging car sales. My focus st was 4 yrs old and had 30,007 miles when I traded it in. Paid 19 and got 14 on trade. I like the convenience of a 4 door having kids and friends lol. There really is no competition in the segment honestly. Stinger is a lot bigger bmw 3 series smaller a3 smaller vw gli smaller accord and Camry fwd not awd. Is this the greatest car ever? No but it’s fun practical and didn’t break the bank. Cars are not an investment they are a loss. You will lose money unless you get a Ferrari or something along those lines that does hold its value. With a tune this is a pretty fast car and at the under 30k that many of us have paid it’s a value and the loss is already paid for. Mustang in an automatic no thanks lol.
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleballr View Post
The mustang is not the competition.
Depends on what you're looking for. I wasn't looking for a 4-door. I was looking for a Ford with the right combination of HP, price and features. I looked at the Mustang, RS, ST, and SHO before getting the Fusion.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 08:55 AM

Garage
A reason why I will look into the ecoboost mustang after my lease is up is because I could get some ford performance parts and still hold a warranty. And right now it’s just me and the gf so won’t need four doors after the lease. With the ford tune, the mustang will provide plenty of power for everyday use.

2017 Shadow Black Sport

401A, Moonroof, Cooled Seats, Sony System, All-Weather Floor Mats + SPORT Mats

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page