The official Fusion sport Vs a KIA stinger thread.. - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 217 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

The official Fusion sport Vs a KIA stinger thread..

Hey welcome to The official Fusion sport Vs a KIA stinger thread..

Anyone have any kill stories yet? iim sick of folks saying that 50K krap is better than our 30K sports..
bucket1952 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 217 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 10:09 AM

Garage
Buy it for 50, drive it for a week, trade it in, it will be worth 30.. Had one Kia ,that will never happen again !Just my point of view. Sorry.
post #3 of 217 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 11:50 AM

Garage
i haven't seen any on the road yet. Of course if i do I'd love to run them and see what that Kia has... Wow, did i just say that about a Kia? man times have changed!

Remember that even advanced
technology cannot defy the laws of
physics.- FoMoCo

post #4 of 217 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 12:33 PM

Garage
It is not 50k vs. 30k, the STICKER price difference between the two is barely a couple thousand dollars when similarly equipped unless you are looking at the bone stock versions of the sport vs the GT. That is about 5k and again STICKER price... For that difference you are getting a bigger engine and better transmission among other things.

People are still being badge snobs like ford has so much better of a reputation or something. Kia has been steadily moving away from their budget commuter image for years now.

NCTD
post #5 of 217 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 02:02 PM

The official Fusion sport Vs a KIA stinger thread..

Okay slightly off/on topic

My wife wanted and got a 2017 Kia Sorento this year. SX V6 with technology package. I never thought I would utter the words “I bought a Kia”. I am completely surprised by the quality and generally how nice of a SUV it is. My only complaint I have is wind noise at highway speed, wife says she doesn’t hear it. So that’s a minor win but still kills me when I drive it, which is a lot.

With that said it opened my eyes to Kia and I will go drive a Stinger but no matter how good it is there is no way I’m loosing my butt and trading a 4 month old car. I will figure out if I’d race one.
ike and FitFanAddict like this.

Livin the dream!
post #6 of 217 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G82FS View Post
It is not 50k vs. 30k, the STICKER price difference between the two is barely a couple thousand dollars when similarly equipped unless you are looking at the bone stock versions of the sport vs the GT. That is about 5k and again STICKER price... For that difference you are getting a bigger engine and better transmission among other things.

People are still being badge snobs like ford has so much better of a reputation or something. Kia has been steadily moving away from their budget commuter image for years now.
Agreed.

The optima was actually better than the fusion for a few years, and really other than the Sport, its equates out to be about equal.
The rio is basically the fiesta.
Forte is the focus.
Cadenza would be the taurus
K900 would be the Lincoln MKZ.
Sportage is Escape.
Sorento is Explorer.

The list continues... Kia is basically the same **** thing as Ford to be honest. Even the looks of them are very similar as well. But with Kia you get a better warranty.

I almost got an Optima SXTurbo a few years ago when they were at 285 HP and you couldn't even get close with a Fusion, and I will certainly look at the Stinger GT when the day comes I decide to get a different every day driver.

Ruby Red 401a with Cooled Seats
Unleashed Tune 91 Performance
post #7 of 217 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 02:09 PM

You can build a v6 gt on the website for 41k sticker. On paper the kia runs 0 to 60 in 4.8. I don't think my sport can do that now. My guess is I would have to invest the entire price difference (which isn't as much as you thought) just to make it close.
ike likes this.

Ruby Red Sport
Performance Mods: LMS 93 Octane Stage 3 v6 tune, aFe Dry Performance drop-in filter, Darkstar rear motor mount
Cosmetic Mods: "Fusion" moved to rear spear, Chrome delete front grille and window trim, Ruby Red Ford Emblems, 25% window tint, moved front plate higher to not block IC, antenna delete.
post #8 of 217 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 02:59 PM

IMO for a car to car comparison, I think you better off comparing the Stinger to the Lincoln MKZ. Both are round the 41k sticker with the V6 twin turbo and AWD.

Fusion Sport is close to 10k cheaper than both of those cars (when equipped with the twin turbo and AWD). My feeling/guess is the MKZ and the Stinger are both a bit more "carefully" put together.

FWIW, I do have a couple of creeks here and there on my sport, a couple of quirks... but I purchased my Sport with this expectation. My friend has a 2011 Mustang and he gave me the scoop on what to expect with Fords in general.

This being said, given what I could afford financially, I would buy the Sport again in a heartbeat if I had to do it over again.

If I was a little more wealthy and had to make a car purchase, I'd probably go for the Stinger or the MKZ.

2017 Fusion Sport - Shadow Black ~ 401A, Driver Assist, Moonroof

Steeda Cold Air, Strut Tower Brace, and Rear Swaybar

Past Cars:
1996 Toyota Camry - Retired
2004 Mazda RX8 GT - Retired
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT - Retired
post #9 of 217 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 07:50 PM
OX1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgeFactory View Post
You can build a v6 gt on the website for 41k sticker. On paper the kia runs 0 to 60 in 4.8. I don't think my sport can do that now. My guess is I would have to invest the entire price difference (which isn't as much as you thought) just to make it close.
Let me know when you can get an AWD TTV6 from Kia for $25-26K.
I'm going to guess never............

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...elCode1=FUSION
post #10 of 217 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
Let me know when you can get an AWD TTV6 from Kia for $25-26K.
I'm going to guess never............

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...elCode1=FUSION
But that also doesn't say much for our vehicles... if their new value is 9K under MSRP, what is their used value? Anyone planning to trade theirs in at any point is gonna be hurt unless they have it paid off completely, or darn close to. My car, one year in, has 36,000 miles. I still owe like $21,000 on it. Obviously I don't plan to trade it in right now, but if I were, it would suck for me.

Ruby Red 401a with Cooled Seats
Unleashed Tune 91 Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page