The official Fusion sport Vs a KIA stinger thread.. - Page 22 - 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum
 156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 217 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 08:17 PM

Ford Guy

I did the builds as well and wondering why you think the GT1 is the comparable trim?

Just because there are not good incentives does not mean you cant get a good deal. I am going to get more solid info from the dealer advertising for 29k but I am sure you would just ignore it. When I bought my SS I got 8k off and the only incentives were $500 off. I did lease our Stinger but thats because we always get a new car every few years.

The SS may be heavy but it can run circles around the charger on a road coarse.

You can believe what you want and spend your money how you like but I was just trying to have a friendly conversion and you cant seem to handle it if my opinion is not the same as yours.

I am not here to bash the FFS by any means and I am sure its a great car but why have a FFS vs Kia Stinger thread if you only let the Ford guys talk. What fun is that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 217 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingerGT View Post
Ford Guy

I did the builds as well and wondering why you think the GT1 is the comparable trim?

Just because there are not good incentives does not mean you cant get a good deal. I am going to get more solid info from the dealer advertising for 29k but I am sure you would just ignore it. When I bought my SS I got 8k off and the only incentives were $500 off. I did lease our Stinger but thats because we always get a new car every few years.

The SS may be heavy but it can run circles around the charger on a road coarse.

You can believe what you want and spend your money how you like but I was just trying to have a friendly conversion and you cant seem to handle it if my opinion is not the same as yours.

I am not here to bash the FFS by any means and I am sure its a great car but why have a FFS vs Kia Stinger thread if you only let the Ford guys talk. What fun is that?
Because the GT1 is the only trim level that gets you all the features of the fusion Sport for a more apples to apples comparison. If you're alright with giving up all the premium features you get in a fusion sports to go with a base level stinger GT to spend the same amount as a FFS then be my guest. But the GT1 is more comparable to the FFS.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
Fozzy likes this.
post #213 of 217 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunktasticLucky View Post
Because the GT1 is the only trim level that gets you all the features of the fusion Sport for a more apples to apples comparison. If you're alright with giving up all the premium features you get in a fusion sports to go with a base level stinger GT to spend the same amount as a FFS then be my guest. But the GT1 is more comparable to the FFS.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

That is the facts I was looking for. The FFS does come with a driver assist package with the adaptive cruise control which the base GT does not but the GT1 also has some more features the FFS does not? The GT Stingers all have brembos and the GT1/2 have the electronically controlled shocks which is not the same as the adaptive suspension on the FFS. If comparing features it would be in between the GT and GT1 it seems.

Last edited by StingerGT; 04-14-2019 at 10:09 PM.

post #214 of 217 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:25 AM
OX1

Quote:
Is the title of this thread not FFS vs Stinger? If you want that boat then be my guest but I would take the Chevy SS I use to own over that Scat pack. Stinger GT also comes in AWD.
And the FS is AWD std, which makes it driveable more than 20% of the time.

Rain performance is especially night and day vs a high HP 2WD.
Short of drag radials on the street, high HP RWD is useless out of the hole.
But then you can't drive in the rain at all. So if you go with AS's, you don't get the handling.
And 4-5 months of the year, you need dedicated snow tires just in case, and they handle horribly
otherwise. So lets try to keep apples to apples here, especially with drivetrain configurations

And I always compare new to new when talking new car prices. SS is better car overall
over scatpack I'd say, but can't get it new. Reason I would take Scatpack over Stinger 2WD is if I am
going to waste my time with 2WD, I'm going to get something that is not at the ragged edge
@ 600 WHP. Waste of time with small TT engine in a RWD when you can get other engines
that are barely breathing hard. The "american" V-8 RWD's all look way better than a Stinger also
(subjective, I understand).
post #215 of 217 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
And the FS is AWD std, which makes it driveable more than 20% of the time.

Rain performance is especially night and day vs a high HP 2WD.
Short of drag radials on the street, high HP RWD is useless out of the hole.
But then you can't drive in the rain at all. So if you go with AS's, you don't get the handling.
And 4-5 months of the year, you need dedicated snow tires just in case, and they handle horribly
otherwise. So lets try to keep apples to apples here, especially with drivetrain configurations

And I always compare new to new when talking new car prices. SS is better car overall
over scatpack I'd say, but can't get it new. Reason I would take Scatpack over Stinger 2WD is if I am
going to waste my time with 2WD, I'm going to get something that is not at the ragged edge
@ 600 WHP. Waste of time with small TT engine in a RWD when you can get other engines
that are barely breathing hard. The "american" V-8 RWD's all look way better than a Stinger also
(subjective, I understand).
I get what you are saying as some of the points you mentioned was part of the reason I sold my SS. AWD does make the better all season daily which is why we got ours with AWD. FFS sounds like a heck of a deal for the money and worth looking into if you want a sedan around 40k with some decent power and awd. The dealer was able to get us the price we wanted on the Stinger GT so we went for it. We were ready to buy a GTI actually till I took a test drive in the stinger. I am not sure how much more I would be willing to pay for the Stinger over the FFS though since I have not owned one.

Last edited by StingerGT; 04-15-2019 at 12:39 PM.
post #216 of 217 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:19 PM
OX1

Quote:
I get what you are saying as some of the points you mentioned was part of the reason I sold my SS. AWD does make the better all season daily which is why we got ours with AWD. FFS sounds like a heck of a deal for the money and worth looking into if you want a sedan around 40k with some decent power and awd. The dealer was able to get us the price we wanted on the Stinger GT so we went for it. We were ready to buy a GTI actually till I took a test drive in the stinger. I am not sure how much more I would be willing to pay for the Stinger over the FFS though since I have not owned one.
The AWD really makes these cars unbelievable, even in the dry. The holes you can squirt into on 50+ MPH
back roads with heavier traffic than they ever intended to see, is amazing.

I would not have paid $40K (I paid $27.3K) for the FS, and I wouldn't pay 40 large for the Stinger either
(no matter the trim). If I was looking, I would pay low 30's (33 tops) for a base AWD Stinger GT.
And not black or red, which always seem to be the colors offered for super cheap deals
(I've bought 3 cars from Koons Ford and their best deal is usually black). I'm not big on all the high tech
stuff either, give me the Performance, moderate stereo, AC, and normal power stuff and I'm good
(I do like my heated seats, now that I have them).......

Glad you got the car you wanted at the price you did. Don't take the aggressive nature too hard here.
Many of just like to argue, but no hard feelings really
post #217 of 217 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 02:44 AM
OX1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017 Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page